E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

can you remove the baby seat stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

I just got my car - I tried to post pics but the files are too large. I'll get some up soon.

I am very excited, and at the same time tormented. Its wonderful returning to a vehicle with serious power, but I am dying to find out just how much power. The break-in period will seem long indeed.

On the rear seats there are 4 illustrations that look like iron-on tatoos. They are no larger than a nickle and they depict a baby in a seat. They are at the base of the back cushion in each corner. They don't appear to just peel off. Does anyone know how to get rid of these? Maybe you're not supposed to? They draw attention to themselves on an Auburn interior though.

The car is great. There is an odd whine (like doing rings with your finger tip around the top of a crystal goblet) that stops when you hit the brakes, but it seems like its coming from the steering (not active). Hopefully that goes away. If not I'll bring it in. Other than that, I'm dying to drive in Drive Sport and put down 360 ft/lbs. of torque through 285 Michelin PS2s!

DRP
Old 11-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

I don't think you are supposed to take them off. From your description, they sound like the covers/locators for the Isofix seats anchors... or at least, that's where the anchors are in European cars!

Enjoy your drive
Old 11-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='353470' date='Nov 8 2006, 06:51 AM
I just got my car - I tried to post pics but the files are too large. I'll get some up soon.

I am very excited, and at the same time tormented. Its wonderful returning to a vehicle with serious power, but I am dying to find out just how much power. The break-in period will seem long indeed.

On the rear seats there are 4 illustrations that look like iron-on tatoos. They are no larger than a nickle and they depict a baby in a seat. They are at the base of the back cushion in each corner. They don't appear to just peel off. Does anyone know how to get rid of these? Maybe you're not supposed to? They draw attention to themselves on an Auburn interior though.

The car is great. There is an odd whine (like doing rings with your finger tip around the top of a crystal goblet) that stops when you hit the brakes, but it seems like its coming from the steering (not active). Hopefully that goes away. If not I'll bring it in. Other than that, I'm dying to drive in Drive Sport and put down 360 ft/lbs. of torque through 285 Michelin PS2s!

DRP
do you have any pics of the stickers cos I don`t think I have them in my car
Old 11-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

What baby stickers? Where?
And the anchors are hidden waaay under. For fold down seats theres a flap where the fold is where you un-velcro to access the ISO fix anchors

Old 11-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 530Xi w/ M-Sport Package 07 335i Cabriolet w/ M-Sport body kit

You should read your owner's manual. These are not stickers, these are permanent plastic labels put in place to tell users of the car where the LATCH quick release anchoring points for baby seats are. They are mandatory in US spec vehicles, same as the three baby seat strap anchor points on the parcel panel below the rear windshield, the yellow airbag warning labels on your sunvisor, and the "objects many appear smaller" warning on the right side-mirror glass. It is illegal to remove them since you may not be the last and only person to use the car in its life time. There are 4 of those LATCH anchors located in the gap between the rear seat cushion and seatback, each behind a removable plastic cover.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='353564' date='Nov 8 2006, 02:48 AM
And the anchors are hidden waaay under. For fold down seats theres a flap where the fold is where you un-velcro to access the ISO fix anchors
Interesting. It seems that the rear seats are different between North America and Europe. The European seats have very visible plastic tags - rather ugly ones, too - on top of the seat anchors, and no velcro flap.

I'll try to post a pic this evening.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

Originally Posted by Blah' post='353631' date='Nov 8 2006, 02:25 AM
You should read your owner's manual. These are not stickers, these are permanent plastic labels put in place to tell users of the car where the LATCH quick release anchoring points for baby seats are. They are mandatory in US spec vehicles, same as the three baby seat strap anchor points on the parcel panel below the rear windshield, the yellow airbag warning labels on your sunvisor, and the "objects many appear smaller" warning on the right side-mirror glass. It is illegal to remove them since you may not be the last and only person to use the car in its life time. There are 4 of those LATCH anchors located in the gap between the rear seat cushion and seatback, each behind a removable plastic cover.

I read the manual. My 'stickers' are to mark the points of the LATCH system (as if you couldn't figure it out from a simple diagram in the manual alone). Apparently there is a difference in these stickers depending on whether or not you have split fold seats (which I do not). I'm an attorney and so I'm all to familiar with the idea that U.S. government standards for warning labels are designed with the lowest common denominator (morons) in mind. If the use of premium gasoline was a federal mandate in the U.S., there would be a regulation requiring a written warning in three inch lettering on the outside of the gas tank door/flap. Americans in general seem to assign little priority, if any, to aesthetics. Are the Cadillac V series sedans going to have permanent stickers on the rear seats? I'll post a picture of my rear seats soon. It's not that big a deal, it's just unnecessary in a car that requires a very tech-savy owner to operate in the first place.

DRP
Old 11-08-2006, 06:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='353564' date='Nov 7 2006, 06:48 PM
I love your interior!!
Old 11-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by jtp1947' post='353730' date='Nov 8 2006, 07:45 AM
I love your interior!!

Thanks.

I love it too. I think Auburn is one of the best looking interiors BMW has had for a long time.

And Maybe Cinnamon on the M3.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

i have thoae 4 atickers in my back seat too.

Quick Reply: can you remove the baby seat stickers?