E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A/C on and off

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a problem where the A/C compressor the snow flake button turns off by itself. It turns off itself some times. Sometimes when i start it its not on eithe and i dont realize untill i start to sweat. I think it has something to do with Max A/C possibly. If i turn the car off while its in Max A/C the next time i start the snowflake is off. Just speculation, i never remember how i leave it or how it turns itself off. Any Ideas???
Old 05-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by zippers525' date='May 16 2005, 05:07 PM
Does anyone have a problem where the A/C compressor the snow flake button turns off by itself. It turns off itself some times. Sometimes when i start it its not on eithe and i dont realize untill i start to sweat. I think it has something to do with Max A/C possibly. If i turn the car off while its in Max A/C the next time i start the snowflake is off. Just speculation, i never remember how i leave it or how it turns itself off. Any Ideas???
[snapback]129361[/snapback]
My UK spec car always starts up the climate how it was left I think. We don't have to use a/c much in the UK. We use the wipers a lot though
Old 05-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 525iA, silvergray, steptronic, Active steering, PDC, sport seats, beige dakotaleather, poppel trim, M-sport steering wheel, star spoke 123, xenon lights, large clima, cruise control.

I think when you have an individual program for the climate in the iDrive it shut down the snowfling.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by zippers525' date='May 16 2005, 03:07 PM
Auto mode is the way to go. The system then regulates humidity and makes sure you don't have any foul odor. I use this even in winter when warming the car. The Compressor AC runs all the time.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='May 16 2005, 05:29 PM
[quote name='zippers525' date='May 16 2005, 05:07 PM']Does anyone have a problem where the A/C compressor the snow flake button turns off by itself. It turns off itself some times. Sometimes when i start it its not on eithe and i dont realize untill i start to sweat. I think it has something to do with Max A/C possibly. If i turn the car off while its in Max A/C the next time i start the snowflake is off. Just speculation, i never remember how i leave it or how it turns itself off. Any Ideas???
My UK spec car always starts up the climate how it was left I think. We don't have to use a/c much in the UK. We use the wipers a lot though
[snapback]129370[/snapback]
[/quote]

Isn't it better to leave it on all the time anyway? That's why mercs have an EC (economy) button - which turns OFF the AC.

Mine seems to stay wherevert I leave it - no problems there... but there is a bit of a smell when the car first starts.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='May 17 2005, 12:29 AM
We don't have to use a/c much in the UK. We use the wipers a lot though
[snapback]129370[/snapback]
Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='May 17 2005, 06:11 AM
I use this even in winter when warming the car.? The Compressor AC runs all the time.
[snapback]129479[/snapback]
The AC clears the fog off the windows nicely in cool damp weather. I leave it on all the time too
Old 05-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Isn't it better to leave it on all the time anyway? That's why mercs have an EC (economy) button - which turns OFF the AC.

If you turn of the AC (the snowflake button is off) then you are on EC (economy).
Smart BMW people, we do not need extra button for everything