E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buying a e60

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, i have recently sold my e46 m3 vert and decided to look for a e60 (2004-2005) 545i. I've been having some real hard time tracking down any good e60's. I have 1 that im interested in but wanted some opinions from your guys. Its a 2005 titanium grey, loaded will all packages including nav, but missing the sport package. The car however does have active steering. Im planning to swap out the trim to shadowline and will be swapping out the suspension to a set of coilovers and also swapping out the steering to a sport or m5 wheel, but the feature im wondering about is the Active Roll Stabilization, is it really worth it? this car still has warranty from bmw, and comes with a set of style 128's. Seems like a great buy, only things i dont like about the car is the color, i prefer white or black, the missing shadowline trim, non-sport steering wheel and missing ARS. What do you guys think? been looking for weeks with no luck..
Old 10-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

You don't indicate where you're located, but if AutoTrader.com is available in your area, I'd check that, especially for private sales, where you're more likely to get a better deal.

Any particular reason why you're limiting yourself to MY '04 & '05? The E60 was made through MY 2010.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i/6

Interior is a big upgrade from an e46 IMO. I love my titanium 545i. It also has active roll stablization, the car literally has no body roll when cornering. Feels very planted. I enjoy it. Not sure how this will be effected since you plan to do suspension. Probably not at all is my guess, but im not a suspension expert, so ill let the experts handle that one. Good luck with your search!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I would DEFINITELY get it with sports package. Where r u located BTW?
Old 10-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
I would DEFINITELY get it with sports package. Where r u located BTW?
+1 I drove an e60 w/o sports package, felt like a boat.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Senior Members

call my buddy at www.luxuryautoxchange.com He can get you any car you want and it will be in showroom condition. I have purchased many cars from him and they were perfect. He can ship the car anywhere in the US.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i
Model Year: 2008

just not luxuryautoxchange.... read before you even go there. I made a mistake, went there once. First and last time. Do some search....
Old 10-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by girmis
just not luxuryautoxchange.... read before you even go there. I made a mistake, went there once. First and last time. Do some search....
You must be joking. George is a class act and between myself and my father we have purchased 10 cars over the last 10 years and I have never had a single issue. He may not have the best facility but he gets excellent cars. From what I have read, we were lucky all 10 cars. I have had many friend purchased cars from George and not a single friend had a complaint. He is the largest luxury wholesaler in the Midwest. I hope you didn't by a used car from a BMW dealer in the chicagoland area because if you did there is a very good chance he purchased the car for your dealer.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:22 AM
Contributors

BMW e60 w/o sports package feels like a boat? Hmm..

To the op, if the condition of the roads you're driving on is above average and rarely have potholes or bumps, i'll go for the sports package.
If on the other hand the roads aren't very good, noisy and with potholes and bumps appearing frequently, i would go for the non sport
version.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by spiros
BMW e60 w/o sports package feels like a boat? Hmm..

To the op, if the condition of the roads you're driving on is above average and rarely have potholes or bumps, i'll go for the sports package.
If on the other hand the roads aren't very good, noisy and with potholes and bumps appearing frequently, i would go for the non sport
version.
agreed.

but if you are changing suspension anyway, i don't see why it even matters.

Quick Reply: buying a e60