E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Buying a 535: Black on Beige or Platinum on Grey?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think with a bmw there has to be at least a little black, to give it kind of a mysterious look. I do like other combos and I'm not talking down on member's cars who do not have black.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Members

you can't go wrong with any bmw color on e60's, they all look great. except the green.. :thumbsdown:
Old 06-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, platinum gray with cream beige dakota leather, premium, sport, comfort access, navigation, heated seats, sport auto with paddles, premium sound, sat radio, ipod

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='603706' date='Jun 16 2008, 01:05 PM
I'd go with Black/Beige. But if you look around, most BMW owners are pretty boring when it comes to interior/exterior color selections. The usual Black/Black, some shade of Gray/Gray, Black/Gray, or the ultimate snore inducing combo, SILVER/GRAY!
This is a funny comment to me because my current 330 is silver on gray, and man is it BORING! My next car has to have more contrast between the exterior and interior. I am also a bit bored with gray over all.
Maybe I'll go for the jet black on beige, or maybe the white on black, or maybe the space grey on black, or maybe the ... oh good grief!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Members

I have an '08 535i with Sapphire Black/Creme Beige/Light Poplar. I love the combination enough to fool with keeping it clean. I have had mine for a year and the interior looks great.

The beige interior helps to mitigate the effects of the black exterior in the hot sun.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d M Sport LCI 2008 Space Gray/Dark Blue Dakota

[quote name='wantmye90' date='Jun 16 2008, 12:36 AM' post='603313']
I am buying a 535 this week.

Please tell me about your experiences in owning these color combos. I am considering factors like looks, maintenance, resale, summer heat, appearance after a few years, etc.
================================================== ==============================
=============

Carbon Black and Deep sea blue look fantastic, but I couldn't face the scratches and marks which show up very quickly on any dark colour......

So I stuck with new Space Grey LCI after my last - E60 in Silver Grey ! - Boy is that dull........
With Sun protection glass it still looks OK though......
Lighter colours can still look the business without having to wash your car every other day

Interiors.....
Lighter interiors look classy......Everyone in UK seems to buy Black on Black

Not too sure about Full Cream beige / but Cream beige + black combo interior - VERY NICE seen elsewhere on forum this week (TITANGRAUII?)
Bit p****d off with BMW as my last e60 was Amethyst/Black combo and wanted to re-order same (Boring.....Yes I know!) - This colour was withdrawn on LCI / discontinued -
Cream Beige / Black is very similar and was brought in about a month after my LCI was delivered.....not HP

Compromise on interior would be NATURAL BROWN / Black - not seen many but does look superb whilst still being a bit more practical than beige / cream beige.....
This looks fab on Carbon Black but would go with Blue or Space gray......

Can't suggest my LCI interior - Not available in US / Dark Blue - Didn't want black and couldn't decide on Natural Brown.
Not disappointed - but only trim which works is brushed Aluminium or Piano Black
Woody bits and Blue leather - UGHHH.........IMHO

Good Luck and all the best with your new car...
Old 06-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Members

My Ride: '89 BMW E34 525i M20

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='603720' date='Jun 16 2008, 10:33 AM
A black (or dark blue) car with beige (or cream beige) int is very stylish but not practical.

Are you a attentive car washer?
Bring it on
You've just listed my dream colors for a vehicle, surely a non-metallic exterior as well.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Members

I chose jet black ext. and beige interior because I liked the color combination and I worried about black interior getting too hot. Jeans and other dark pants and shirts do show on the seats over time, however. Although I never had black interior, and I'm sure if you live in the south or south west it would be even hotter, in hindsight I would choose black interior and not have to worry as much about dirt showing.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Platinum Grey with black interior and dark poplar. Or platinum with grey interior. Here is a link to a photo of my car which is platinum grey. I also had the space grey before this one and prefer platinum.

http://www.pbase.com/rick_20d/image/98809716

Rick...
Old 06-18-2008, 01:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, platinum gray with cream beige dakota leather, premium, sport, comfort access, navigation, heated seats, sport auto with paddles, premium sound, sat radio, ipod

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='603720' date='Jun 16 2008, 01:33 PM
A black (or dark blue) car with beige (or cream beige) int is very stylish but not practical.

Are you a attentive car washer?
I do like to keep my cars clean. However, here in Georgia, we are under drought conditions and current watering restrictions prohibit outdoor water use - such as washing your car. Commercial car washes are allowed, but that's not gonna work on a black car (swirls, scratches).

It seems as though a lot of posters recommend the black interior. If I were to get a black interior, I believe I'd match it with either a space gray or white exterior. Don't want to combo it with a dark exterior. It can really can get very hot and humid here.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by wantmye90' post='604869' date='Jun 18 2008, 05:57 AM
It seems as though a lot of posters recommend the black interior. ...
See my previous post about most BMW owners and their lack of originality when it comes to picking colors... (Or is it just laziness?)

Quick Reply: Buying a 535: Black on Beige or Platinum on Grey?