E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Buying a 535: Black on Beige or Platinum on Grey?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i, platinum gray with cream beige dakota leather, premium, sport, comfort access, navigation, heated seats, sport auto with paddles, premium sound, sat radio, ipod

I am buying a 535 this week.

Please tell me about your experiences in owning these color combos. I am considering factors like looks, maintenance, resale, summer heat, appearance after a few years, etc.

Basically the pros and cons of each.

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:30 PM
JPJ
Contributors

I bought my car used for a good price, so got what I got. I really don't like the beige interior though because of how it shows dirt. I had a leather jacket stain my seat over the winter -- looking better now after several cleanings, but still a little dingy. Dark exteriors are hard to keep clean but look good when they are. Also show scratches much worse.

I like black interiors (can live with the heat) and lighter exteriors (would order Alpine White if I had the choice -- or Imola Red if it was available in the US).

Of your choices I personally would go with the Platinum on Grey.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Members

black on beige would be my choice. meaner but yet classier look but higher maintenance due to higher visibility in dirt, scratches, dings and dent. also, sucks in the summer cause of the scorching heat the black attracts. the beige seats can leave blue denim stains if you have fresh new pair of dark blue jeans. even though with many disadvantages, i'd still go with the black on beige. GL with you choice.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Members

My Ride: E61 Platinum Grey 2008 520d-Grey Dakota Leather/PDC/Xenon/Climate function/Arm Rest/Cruise Control/Skisack/Alarm/Roof Rails/Cup Holder/Automatic Transmission/Isofix/Sport Steering Wheel/Factory Tinted Rear Windows/Summer tires Michelin on 242's/Winter tires Nokian HKPL XL on 242's

I have platinum on grey combo and it looks fantastic...as I have kids the grey leather keeps fairly clean compared to a darker color....foot prints on my seats arent as noticable
Old 06-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Carbon Black 545i

When i got mines it came with platinum & gray interior.

Looks nice and classy.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Members

I have Platinum Grey exterior with Dakota Black leather interior.

The dark grey looks amazing when it's clean, but like the black it shows up the slightest dirty marks!

Interesting point made earlier about the heat, i've always had cream or beige interiors, and you
definitely do notice how hot the black seats are when you first get in and the car has been standing in the sun.

However i also think that they look cleaner (even when there not) and i think they will look better when worn
over time unlike beige or cream that suffer from discolouration in the creases of the leather.

Just my opinion!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by GQuK545i' post='603464' date='Jun 16 2008, 01:58 AM
When i got mines...
Old 06-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

I'd go with Black/Beige. But if you look around, most BMW owners are pretty boring when it comes to interior/exterior color selections. The usual Black/Black, some shade of Gray/Gray, Black/Gray, or the ultimate snore inducing combo, SILVER/GRAY!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

A black (or dark blue) car with beige (or cream beige) int is very stylish but not practical.

Are you a attentive car washer?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I think that black looks great BUT they are a tougher to keep "looking" clean . The tan colored BMW interiors are really nice looking ................good luck

Quick Reply: Buying a 535: Black on Beige or Platinum on Grey?