E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Business Nav Upgrade In v19

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

My car was in the shop today for some work - most of which was solved by upgrading to v19 software (hesitancy from standstill , false RFT warnings, adaptive lights warnings).

One thing that I notice right away is the the UI for Business Nav has been tweeked - sorry if this has been mentioned before but I dont remember seeing it.

The layout has changed slightly, and there are now a row of four icon "buttons" at the top for controlling access to TMC, Nav Sound on/off, Nav on/off. Only a minor change but it helps with the myraid of twists-and-turns required to go from Nav to TMC and back. I thought I'd share.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i (SE), Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext. Mirrors, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth Telephone Preparation, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Heated Front Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Leather interior, Navigation System - Business, Sports Suspension, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres. M-Tech Kit.

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Sep 30 2005, 07:12 PM
My car was in the shop today for some work - most of which was solved by upgrading to v19 software (hesitancy from standstill , false RFT warnings, adaptive lights warnings).

One thing that I notice right away is the the UI for Business Nav has been tweeked - sorry if this has been mentioned before but I dont remember seeing it.

The layout has changed slightly, and there are now a row of four icon "buttons" at the top for controlling access to TMC, Nav Sound on/off, Nav on/off.? Only a minor change but it helps with the myraid of twists-and-turns required to go from Nav to TMC and back. I thought I'd share.
[snapback]177462[/snapback]
Don't believe anyone has mentioned this before, could you say which Dealer you used and how long they had your car?
Old 10-01-2005, 06:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by mr_london_247' date='Oct 1 2005, 10:34 AM
[quote name='marty530d' date='Sep 30 2005, 07:12 PM']My car was in the shop today for some work - most of which was solved by upgrading to v19 software (hesitancy from standstill , false RFT warnings, adaptive lights warnings).

The layout has changed slightly, and there are now a row of four icon "buttons" at the top for controlling access to TMC, Nav Sound on/off, Nav on/off.? Only a minor change but it helps with the myraid of twists-and-turns required to go from Nav to TMC and back. I thought I'd share.
[snapback]177462[/snapback]
Don't believe anyone has mentioned this before, could you say which Dealer you used and how long they had your car?
[snapback]177664[/snapback]
[/quote]

Coopers in Reading - they had the car for a day.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 525d Mystic Blue Business Line

I've got the layout of the business nav you're talking about since my car has been upgraded from CIP 16 to CIP 17 last May. I agree that these new buttons are quite useful ! As I lost the "eyebrows" light with CIP 17, my car is booked for upgrade to CIP 19 in two weeks.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by fantomas' date='Oct 1 2005, 02:51 PM
I've got the layout of the business nav you're talking about since my car has been upgraded from CIP 16 to CIP 17 last May. I agree that these new buttons are quite useful ! As I lost the "eyebrows" light with CIP 17, my car is booked for upgrade to CIP 19 in two weeks.
[snapback]177693[/snapback]
I jumped from v16.2 to 19 - so I missed this change in 17. I can confirm that my eyebrows are working in v19.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Members

Thanks, I hope it' going to be the same with mine. We never know with BMW software !
Old 10-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Members

Marty

Yes I noticed the improvements in Nav screen, the best feature is being able to jump straight to the TMC screen

Daylight running lights is a feature I do not recall having with v16 but maybe I just did not notice. Not sure what is does though??

Did you get mp3 playback working ok?
Old 10-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by speuk' date='Oct 1 2005, 04:40 PM
Marty

Yes I noticed the improvements in Nav screen, the best feature is being able to jump straight to the TMC screen

Daylight running lights is a feature I do not recall having with v16 but maybe I just did not notice. Not sure what is does though??

Did you get mp3 playback working ok?
[snapback]177733[/snapback]
Yep DRL is also new.

MP3 should be working - I just need to cut a disc and try .
Old 10-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Members

I can assure you MP3 works both with CD and DVD (since CIP 17 with business nav)
Old 10-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Members

Hi Fantomas,

I also have version 19, but I have yet only been playing MP3's from CD.
Do you know if there are any limitations how many MP3 tracks you can store to DVD?

I think I read somewhere that the bmw MP3 player recognised something like 250 tracks, but not more, is this right? I have had 160 tracks on CD, and it has worked perfectly.

Mikko

Quick Reply: Business Nav Upgrade In v19