E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Bridgestone tires fitted! Finally no more shaking

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 08:15 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Finally I've got my new tires fitted.. All problems are gone and I am very happy. I also got the new windscreen with the green sunband.. very nice!!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Members

tires does make a difference.

was the shaking, more of a vibration also at the steering wheel

cuz sometimes I do get the shaking and I can see the headrest on the passenger side shaking or vibrating pretty hard
Old 09-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Members

I'm so happy for you!!!

You finally got rid of that stupid shake and now have a car you should have had since day 1!!! Hope it stays that way for the rest of its life!!!

Old 09-23-2004, 09:07 AM
JDN
Contributors

You certainly suffered long enuf. I think you were too nice to long when dealing with the service department. Hope these tires serve you well. New shoes are almost as good as trading for a new car.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

Yes.....at last the shaking is gone!!!!!!!!!!!

well done 530E60NL

i hope your dealer made some sort of goodwill gesture for putting you through all this crap with a new car.

i just got the folding mirrors altered on my car so I can now close them via the key and they open on their own when i unlock, like Iceman, nice feature
Old 09-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 23 2004, 06:15 PM
Finally I've got my new tires fitted.. All problems are gone and I am very happy.
[snapback]37420[/snapback]
Good to hear!
Now the real fun begins - without shaking...
Old 09-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Senior Members

Good to hear. I'm glad you've got the car now you should always have had. I bet it feels good to have this over with!

I think I already have the Bridgestone's. Hopefully, balancing the wheels the first time will correct them and I won't have problems like you unfortunately had. I may be overreacting based upon reading your post. We'll see. The SA isn't calling me back right now (i'm the guy where the dealer gave my car to the wrong person). Surprise surprise.

How did the squeaky/rattling doors get fixed? Is it quiet now, including your driver's seat?
Old 09-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bridgestone tires are the best.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

finally ! so did your dealer say anything?
Old 09-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

The dealer said nothing about compensating me in any way.. I think they had the feeling that the new tires were compansation enough for me. psssshh.. Anyway I am too happy to complain about that.

I got my new windshield too with the green sunband. I think it looks really nice and the doors don't make any sound anymore..

Unfortunately my driverseat squick is still there and I will take care of that next time i have an issue. They also tried to buff out the 2 scratches on my frontbumper they made last time the car was in but that isn't solved also. I told them I wasn't satisfied with the bumper yet and would see if it irritates me too much.

To be honest I want my car to be with me for a few weeks before I go back again for the seat and the scratches.

In the end I'm so glad the biggest superirritating issue is solved and I don't have a passenger backrest shaking forward and backwards when I drive.

Thanks for all your support, advice and friendly words! You guys are the best!!!

Quick Reply: Bridgestone tires fitted! Finally no more shaking