E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Breaks Squel at 5k??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Retired: 2007 530i Silver Gray/Gray Leather, premium/sport/logic 7/hd radio/comfort access/park distance control 2010 535i M Sport Alpine White/Black premium/M-Sport,L7,Sat,HD Radio/Paddle Shifters/heated seats/comfort access/navigation/sport gear stick

I have an 07 530i with 5,000 miles and haven noticed the breaks are squeking loud enough to hear them with the windows up. This is my first BMW, common or something I need to take it in for?

Thanks,
britus
Old 04-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Man they still havent fixed the non-V8 squeeking brake problem?

Its been a common complaint on the non V8s for a while... its the brake sensor... needs to be replaced. You wudda thunk BMW had fixed it by now...
Old 04-12-2007, 01:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by britus05' post='412596' date='Apr 12 2007, 10:38 AM
I have an 07 530i with 5,000 miles and haven noticed the breaks are squeking loud enough to hear them with the windows up. This is my first BMW, common or something I need to take it in for?

Thanks,
britus
congrats on you new car
you got a new car so you can not change the pads unless to voild the warranty.
this is very common with all BMW.
I would have guessed that fix this squek but no they still use the old design or a crap new design.
I have change all my brake pads to EBC green stuff and no more squek and no more drake dust too.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Built Nov 06 Silver Grey with Black Leather Steptronic Automatic Tranmission Premium Package Navigation System Sirius Satellite Red Reflectors :-)

I used to have that brake noise thing and I complained that to my dealer SA and they replaced all pads under free maintainance program. No more noise ever since.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530i M Sport Sedan / Silver Grey

I have same problem on a 06 530i, my dealer siad they can change the pads at my expense or i just have to put up with it.

This is my first BMW and i can't beleive the amount of brake dust that comes off the pads, do you have to go aftermarket to avoid this or does BMW have other pads they can offer to redcue this........as well as stop the not so prestege brake nosie?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Contributors

Take this SIB to your dealer and tell him that next time he should try to rip someone else off. The squeals has nothing to do with the brake pads, it is a sensor that costs a couple of cents.

cu
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SIB_340206.pdf (64.2 KB, 73 views)
Old 04-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='413078' date='Apr 13 2007, 08:27 AM
Take this SIB to your dealer and tell him that next time he should try to rip someone else off. The squeals has nothing to do with the brake pads, it is a sensor that costs a couple of cents.

cu
My car is in for this work next week, mine is more of a high pitched squeek when I brake gently or go round left hand bends and I can only hear it with the windows down.

I asked them to look at the brakes when it was in for an Oil Service and they told me about the SIB, guess I was lucky that day to get someone who knew what they were doing.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Skip' post='413114' date='Apr 13 2007, 11:01 AM
I asked them to look at the brakes when it was in for an Oil Service and they told me about the SIB, guess I was lucky that day to get someone who knew what they were doing.
you were lucky, so was i - because i had my brake pads changed at their expense, but i feel sorry for people like MatyB who are asked to pay for a repair which brings nothing but more revenue for the dealer! AND TRUST ME - there are loads of people (company car owners, elderly people) who have no idea that www.e60.net exists and they seriously are made to pay for these pointless repairs...

In my eyes, the dealers have no idea what they do - have yet to see a dealer who thinks "outside the box"....

cheers

ps. btw. my colleague had this issue and he tried to have this fixed outside his warranty period - of course the dealer made him pay for this. So my advice, anyone who has this, they should get it done asap...
Old 04-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='413115' date='Apr 13 2007, 02:38 AM
... which brings nothing but more revenue for the dealer! AND TRUST ME - there are loads of people (company car owners, elderly people) who have no idea that www.e60.net exists and they seriously are made to pay for these pointless repairs...

Ya seriously... it sucks... thats why we need more e60.net people and share all these information during BMW CCA meetings... and HOPE theres enough people to join and attend these... cuz things like this... just once... will save you the membership fee.

P.S. I believe E60.net takes donations also... check the sticky threads on the top.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i Built Nov 06 Silver Grey with Black Leather Steptronic Automatic Tranmission Premium Package Navigation System Sirius Satellite Red Reflectors :-)

Originally Posted by MatyB' post='413061' date='Apr 12 2007, 09:35 PM
I have same problem on a 06 530i, my dealer siad they can change the pads at my expense or i just have to put up with it.

This is my first BMW and i can't beleive the amount of brake dust that comes off the pads, do you have to go aftermarket to avoid this or does BMW have other pads they can offer to redcue this........as well as stop the not so prestege brake nosie?
You can go to a different dealer if you don't want to argue with those bastards, but I'd definitely report this to BMWNA though. As for brake dust, I am tired if cleaning it too. I will go aftermarket once the warranty is over. I had great experience with Akebono pads.

Quick Reply: Breaks Squel at 5k??