E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake pedal fault

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 07:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof
Smile

Just got a brand new 535d, will post pics later. I get some weird error message when I first start and car and engage D. The idrive monitor says something like "Brake fault: gear can be engaged without pressing the brake pedal, go to a bmw dealership". Does anybody know whats that all about? pls advice
Old 06-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Senior Members

did it happen again after restart?
i will drive back to the dealer now and make a huge fuss about it.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof

happens every time I start the car and slot into D. The problem with the dealer is that he is 2000 km away and I am definitely not driving back through Serbia any time soon.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Have someone check if you brake light come on when you press he brakes

it sounds like the little sensor switch by the brake pedal is faulty, if it is the brake lights wont come on when you press
Old 06-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

tried it again today and it did the same thing. I dont thing its the little sensor because I tried to engage gear without pressing the brake and it worked?! only once though, after that it refused to do it again
Old 06-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Members

sapkan
i m from Croatia
my e mail is :sangoman2003@yahoo.com
You can send me mail and maybe can help you.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Senior Members

ok, I think I have figured out when the error message comes up. when i press and hold the brake pedal to start the car and slot into D I get it almost always. If I release the brake quickly after starting the car and then press it again to engage D I dont seem to get it. Its very annoying. Interesting that no one has heard of this before
Old 06-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

Is there *any* dealer near you - you don't have to go to the supplying dealer, surely?
Old 06-14-2005, 04:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

UNbelievable, I get this same on VW Touareg V6 too. Exactly the same message and same behaviour. I live with it now for almost 2 years. It is just a bad elextronics, the dealer does not know much what to do. Basicaly just exchange all brake electronics step by step....
Old 06-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

went to a local dealer today, he was pretty clueless but offered to try and change parts of the or the whole software of the car.

Quick Reply: brake pedal fault