E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Brake Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

today when i was driving everytime i braked the brakes made noise my pads are fairly thick. And Idrive says front aren't due for another 15k miles
Old 10-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ///M-Power
today when i was driving everytime i braked the brakes made noise my pads are fairly thick. And Idrive says front aren't due for another 15k miles
Was it a scraping noise?? Can you tell if it's from a specific wheel or all of them?

Sometimes a brake sensor gets loose ... sometimes debris gets caught between pad and disc - I've had a small pebble get lodged there and scared the crap out of me. I'd try a couple of things. First, driving slowly in reverse (carefully - try an empty parking lot) brake a couple of times in short-hard jabs; then drive forward and see if the noise changes. Try the same moving forward slowly. - short hard jabs at the brake pedal. See if the noise changes or goes away. If it doesn't it's time to pull your wheels and take a closer look at pads and brake discs and anything that could be rubbing when you apply the brakes. If you have plenty of pads suspect it's something that has come loose and needs to be corrected.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Was it a scraping noise?? Can you tell if it's from a specific wheel or all of them?

Sometimes a brake sensor gets loose ... sometimes debris gets caught between pad and disc - I've had a small pebble get lodged there and scared the crap out of me. I'd try a couple of things. First, driving slowly in reverse (carefully - try an empty parking lot) brake a couple of times in short-hard jabs; then drive forward and see if the noise changes. Try the same moving forward slowly. - short hard jabs at the brake pedal. See if the noise changes or goes away. If it doesn't it's time to pull your wheels and take a closer look at pads and brake discs and anything that could be rubbing when you apply the brakes. If you have plenty of pads suspect it's something that has come loose and needs to be corrected.
yeas typically brakeing noise they all sound the same when i put it on reverse and break no sound what so ever but when like doin 45mph i brake and come to an complete stop i hear the noise