E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

bought the 545i

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookin' good!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Members

Yeah the heated steering wheel is sweet for our cold weather, I think I saw the same ad for those 172s on kijiji for what 1800 I think...
Old 11-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Members

Congrats!

I purchased a 2004 545i Sport last month from a private seller (75k miles). The car needed a ton of maintenance work. $4k US later and she is running like a champ (so far). I finished out the Dinan high flow intake, so I got the Dinan 5 badge/vanity. The shop in Mesa, AZ is great, Autobahn Autosport. Hans has been taking great care of me, very professional folks. I love the car so far. The luxury is top notch, extremely comfortable and I can fit two car seats in the back, per wife's instructions. With all the Dinan gear, and tuning the car is plenty fast and sounds great. I also had Autobahn install FK Automotive Highsport coilovers and had it corner balanced. Wow. This car handles much better than Vette's, Mustangs, and VW R32 that I've driven. Balance is perfect with no body roll.

Today, I was at the shop getting my second key. Seller only had one. How do people lose the friggin keys?? $175 later... Anyway, there is a set of 20" M167's on consignment there that I tried on the car. The rears fit great, the fronts don't clear the coilovers. So, I'd have to go with 10mm spacers to make it fit. I'm worried though that even with spacers the fender will hit. Anyone with experience with 20" 167's on their 545?

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but we have the same car and I need answers. :-)

MG
Old 11-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Members

today's update, gonna tint my windows today, luckly local tinting shop had a opening today at noon so im gonna do all around at 40%, same as what i had on my m3. Now the question is should i tint my tails and headlights? i had my m3 tails tinted with their lightest tint and it was nice, not sure if i should on the 5.. what do you guys think? also what do you guys think of tinting headlights? its gonna be VERYYY light... they call it grey tint, should be just enough to make the upper eyelids and the corner lightly tinted..

heres my m3 tails and 3rd brake light tinted..

and picture of the 40% tint, seems really dark but much lighter in person.. hmm maybe i should do lighter this time...
Old 11-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Members

just dropped off the car to get tinted, decided to tint the tails very light, and tint the eyelids only and rest of the headlight clear 3m, this way should protect the euro sticker. Will post when i pick up the car after.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Members

got the car back, now getting a "sos malfunction" error.. arggg!!! i've seen 2 other posts with the same error after getting their windows tinted.. tried the reset and still same error, gonna try unplugging the battery for a bit...

however the tint job looks amazaing.. heres a teaser
Old 11-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Lookin' good! Appreciate the updates. I'm considering Orions as well. Mtec v2s are nice at night, but during the day they just don't cut it.

Nice M3 by the way!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Members

im back with some more updates, just picked my car up from the shop today. Replaced TCU, and coolant expansion tank. Also upgraded the software and enabled bluetooth, wow what a difference in idrive speed. And finally got my coilovers installed and got an alignment. Heres my car at the dealership today slammed, lol:

Next on my list, aero front and side, and m5 rep rear and quad exhaust, however gonna wait until spring.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Members

some more updated pics you can see the eyebrow/taillight tint better... the tint is very light, certain angles looks little darker. Gonna have to run some smaller spacers inthe front, getting some rubbing, rear is good with 20mm. I can't wait until i can run my summers!

Old 03-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Members

new update:

ended up selling the 545i, was thinking of maybe getting back in a e46 m3 coupe, but ended up finding a great deal on a 2005 545i with all the options i wanted previously, black one with lower km's (65xxx km). This one has the aero kit installed, kw v3's, rpi scoop with bmc filter, sb v1, shadowline trim and black front grills. Previous owner decided to put a left section of a m5 eisenmann race exhaust on, they cut the tips and re-angled to make it fit. Previous owner also had the left pipe right behind the tip welded shut, didn't know why he did it so i popped out the weld yesterday, HOLY CRAP its FREAKING LOUD!!!, lol.. i dunno how the m5 guys drive with dual race exhausts on. Even at idle my car vibrates from the low grumble. Sounds not bad, but way too loud for me, plus they did a horrible hack job. Gonna be going to the muffler shop tomorrow to get it removed, and getting the stock back on. Ended up removing the sb v1's, car way too jumpy, prob get v2 though, also already removed the DINAN badge, previous owner said he had dinan stage 1 software installed, confirmed with dinan and dealership that car never had software installed, was scared he did some clone software so got bmw to re-flash and upgrade to newest software.I got lots planned again, already bought a set of 172's couple days ago, gotta re-tint everything again, euro sticker, led's...

some pics of the car:

pic of the pipe welded shut

Quick Reply: bought the 545i