E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

bought the 545i

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow you move fast, congrats and nice car. I wonder why more ppl dont paint the window trim
Old 11-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i. Murdered. Carbon Black. Painted tail lights, M5 trunk spoiler. RS Technik 15mm spacers (rear). Black 172's.

Looks clean man congrats!
Old 11-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Congrats on the new ride! I like how you documented everything with pictures. Keep em coming when you install your new mods. I enjoy watching the transformation. It's like watching your kid grow up haha.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Congrats on the new ride! I like how you documented everything with pictures. Keep em coming when you install your new mods. I enjoy watching the transformation. It's like watching your kid grow up haha.
haha, in that case i will try my best. Last night i swapped out the angel eyes to mtec v2's, couple diy's i've read said to remove the headlights, however i was able to squeeze my hands into the high beam opening in the back and swap it, was a tight squeeze and got couple cuts, lol. Also put in jlevisw led's in the license plate, however i didn't take a pic of this yet. Heres couple pics of the mtec v2's, looks blue in the pics, but its pure white. Still not bright enough, might just get the orion v2's.

Hoping to get my coils installed by end of the week, or maybe sooner. I should also be recieveing my m5 steering wheel in few days, still gotta track down a round airbag. Next on my list is to get some lci tails, black out my winter wheels and get ready for snow. Most likely i'm gonna pause on the exterior mods until winter is done, no point of doing body work and get it all chipped from rocks.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

lovely car. Enjoy it!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Members

unfortunately tech ran out of time so i wasn't able to get my coils installed, rescheduled for 1 week of dec. Here are some pics from last week before putting on the winters:

Today, i finally got my euro stickers for my headlights, as usual i got them installed right away, here are some pics
before shot

putting on the stickers

installed

lastly i also ordered the led signal bulbs

I didnt put on the chrome strips yet on the stickers, planning to put them on when its a little more nicer outside, calgary weather has been insane lately...

next will be coils and maybe some new winter wheels, really hating the 17's, lol.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Members

Yeah you guys got the worse cold the last couple of days eh, up here in etown its been pretty bad too and also preventing me from doin' much too, good job on the ride though and oh yeah...go Oilers go! Even though we're so good at sucking right now...
Old 11-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Members

yeah, deerfoot is literally all ice, so slippery. Was -30 last few days.. loving the heated seats and steering wheel, lol. Almost makes me not wanna swap to the m5 steering wheel i bought.

Im hoping to make a trip to edmonton soon, saw a ad for style 172's for sale, thinking about picking it up. Not sure if i like my 19's or the 172's better, hard choice. My wheels seems very rare on the e60's.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Members

ah crap, just realized i didnt line up the stickers to the end, ARGGG!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Members

decided to just finish the euro stickers, here is with the chrome overlay. I really like the chrome, gives it a stock look. Wonder how long this chrome will hold up.

Quick Reply: bought the 545i