E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMWNA contact info

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 07:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

I have tried going through the customer support line at BMWNA without success. I am having a lot of local dealer problems. Does anyone have any email addresses of anyone high up at BMWNA?

Thanks
Old 12-28-2005, 08:06 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Martin Birkmann is the BMWNA 5 Series product line manager: martin.birkmann@bmwna.com

However, what has been the problem with the customer relations line? You can't "get through", or they're just not helping?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Members

My Ride: Buying soon: 530i w/not sure yet... Previously owned: 2001 - 325i 1985 - 525e 1984 - 528i

Just curious, I know of only one dealer in SA, what type of problems have you had? I was considering having a car shipped to that dealer, and may change my mind if they provide poor service?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

Thanks for the email address I will give him a try.

Guapo2001, BMW of Austin is a much better bet (90 miles away). If I can give you any advice about the San Antonio, it is to stay far away from BMW Center of San Antonio. I have been a BMW customer and fan for years, and have purchased 4 BMWs in the last four years alone. BMW of San Antonio has some of the worst customer service satisfaction numbers in the U.S., I believe Austin is first or second in customer satisfaction.

BMW Center of San Antonio is owned by Performance Auto Group. After speaking to many of the employees and managers there, the problem is with the owners not wanting to spend money at all costs. They did not follow BMWNA's advice to build 40 service bays when they built the new dealership 5 years ago and built 20, now they are even busier. They have well below the recommended loaner cars. They refuse to to send the mechanics to advanced training, because they have had such high turnover and don't want to waste the money. They have gone through 4 Service Managers in the last 2 years alone.

A typical experience of taking your car in for a simple Level I service (oil change) is make an appointment a month in advance. Show up at the appointed time, wait about an hour to be helped, when they get to you they tell you they will not be able to get to it today and they don't have a loaner car. You call for several days until they can get you in. You can usually never get anyone on the phone except the operator. When you finally bring it in, they ask you to leave it. It sits in their parking lot for about a week, because they don't have enough bays. When they finally get your car in it only takes one day for the oil change. When you pick up your car you are likely to find oil stains on the inside of your car, my last visit my hood was left unlatched and I didn't notice until I got on the highway and it started coming up! Also on my last oil change, my '05 M3 with 12K miles and never a problem, immediately after the service (coincidentally?) on the way home the VANOS broke and covered the engine with oil while on the way home. I suspect because they cannot keep experienced mechanics. This is not one isolated incident, but the norm over there, that I have been living with for several years.

San Antonio has pop > 1 million and is growing north and the local Mercedes dealership provided similar poor service, Mercedes just opened another dealership to the north, and now both Mercedes dealerships are trying to outdo one another with better customer service.

I have called, emailed, written to BMWNA customer service without any change. I love BMWs, but it is very hard for me to make the drive to Austin every-time I need service. I have been on the list for the next M3, but am now thinking of an Audi RS4 solely because of the service problems. I would love if they would open another dealership here.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or contacts are greatly appreciated.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Members

My Ride: Buying soon: 530i w/not sure yet... Previously owned: 2001 - 325i 1985 - 525e 1984 - 528i

You are correct about loaner cars, a few years back I took my new 2001 E46 in for alarm problems and had to wait two days with no loaner car. I spent the first day walking around the mall because they said it would be a quick fix... I was also un-impressed with the facility and personnel, it was almost like I was in the way.

Makes you wonder, if they are rated that low why isn't BMWNA doing anything about it?

Thanks for the info, good luck and I hope they get your message/concerns.