E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Shops in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 03:07 PM
GsQ
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

thanks guys i appreciate the feedback i might check them out on tomorrow
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

after a bunch of calls none of these shops will paint my calipers
Old 03-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GsQ
after a bunch of calls none of these shops will paint my calipers
hey buddy, try this: http://www.buybrakes.com/store/24X02380 for front
http://www.buybrakes.com/store/24X02375 for back

its pretty much like your stock calipers right now but they powder coat and paint it for you, i think this would be the best especially if you don't want to convert to the big brakes such as brembo..i'm actually doing this, i ordered the upgrade brake ki from stop tech( rotos,pads) then i will order the calipers from nht.. call them they pretty straight forward and will tell you if it will work for your car.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:08 AM
GsQ
Contributors

Originally Posted by jg525i
hey buddy, try this: http://www.buybrakes.com/store/24X02380 for front
http://www.buybrakes.com/store/24X02375 for back

its pretty much like your stock calipers right now but they powder coat and paint it for you, i think this would be the best especially if you don't want to convert to the big brakes such as brembo..i'm actually doing this, i ordered the upgrade brake ki from stop tech( rotos,pads) then i will order the calipers from nht.. call them they pretty straight forward and will tell you if it will work for your car.

that stuff looks pretty sweet and i appreciate it but that is way out of my budget unfortunately. I just wanted to paint my existing calipers and the rotor hat because there is some rust showing on them. If I had the correct tools I would do it myself all it would cost is the cost of the paint (20 bucks + sandpaper 5 bucks) as opposed to 500 dollars. I just don't have the tools or the room to complete the job thats why i was looking for a shop to do it. The only one that would do it wanted to take the brakes off and bleed the system which really is not required for this mod and would cost more. They can be easily painted while still on the car as i have seen from other posts on the forum.