E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Sales ppl have attitude problem ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the same experience with the bmw dealership in my location (orlando). Unfortunately, they are the only ones in the area. It seemed that I had to find someone to help me, the 2 times that I was there. It was just a very cold environment... compared to the other dealers... lexus, acura, infinity, audi, etc. Maybe it also has to do with the fact that I look very young.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

It varies, but generally all the sales people I've ever dealt with were nice and helpful. Some may seem to be a bit apthetic, but def no attitude. The best salesppl are the ones who participate or are who heavily recommended on web forums such as this.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I've had the same experience with the bmw dealership in my location (orlando). Unfortunately, they are the only ones in the area. It seemed that I had to find someone to help me, the 2 times that I was there. It was just a very cold environment... compared to the other dealers... lexus, acura, infinity, audi, etc. Maybe it also has to do with the fact that I look very young.

I was 26 when I bought my 545i from Fields, and they treated me great.

Ask for Rick Coles.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

I'm afraid of this same exact treatment, because I'm 22 and this is going to be my 1st car. I've been talking to a guy from Rallye BMW in Long Island, he seems very nice though but his name seems to escape me at the moment. Anybody one in new york had any experience with the Rallye dealership in Roslyn? or the dealer you can recommend to me? It would be greatly appreciated as I'm very afraid of getting cheated.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

I checked out Rallye and a few others and ended getting mine at Hassel (talk to George). I had a very bad experience with their service department and would never go back. There is another dealer further out L.I. that supposed to be the best out the bunch but can't remember the name.

Rallye did not bargain and the salesman was not to helpfull
Old 06-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Me and my friend were out to buy a BMW together. He got so p**sed off with the dealers that he bought a SAAB instead! I simply went elsewhere.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

thanks a bunch Mercy, I'm going to see this guy at the end of the month and see how much from invoice we can start from, I'm definately going to try to find this guy george will it be alright if I used your name for a referral type of thing mercy?
Old 06-12-2006, 02:34 PM
JC3
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 E90 335i Titanium Silver GONE - 2005 530i Titanium Grey

I'm from Brisbane and there are two dealerships that are close to me. One dealership is particularly arrogant, but they gave me a great deal, while the other one where the guys are much nicer and make more of an effort, couldn't match the deal. At the end of the day, you only deal with the salesman once... the service manager on the other hand is much more important.

I'm not sure where the arrogance comes from really... at the end of the day, they're still car salesmen!
Old 06-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

My SA has always been very polite and helpful even when I bought my first BMW when I was 19 yrs old. He never judged me or give me an attitude because of my age.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AussieBimmer' post='296319' date='Jun 12 2006, 08:36 AM
Have been running around to get a BMW (getting it next wed !!!! ). Went to Lexus, MB, Audi etc before deciding on bimmer. The sales ppl in all dealerships have been nice, spending time, explaining things, offering coffee etc ..... but not the Beemer guys !! ... They would not spend more time than is absolutely necessary and have an indifferent even dismissive attitude ......
Has other people similar experiences or is just me ????
or is it BMW selling style !

I've experienced two dealerships and got treated well by both. My current dealership is the leading one in customer satisfaction in my state and it shows.

Quick Reply: BMW Sales ppl have attitude problem ????