E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Sales ppl have attitude problem ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

locating a nice and helpful BMW salesperson is like in search of a needle in a haystack.
they are around, but most i came across are arrogant and fake.
for years i have dealt with one guy but he got promoted and have since moved to mercedes....

On another note.

A friend got an e90 last month, his salesman is more like a blind maggot, totally incensative, never had he provide any direct affirmative answers but preys on the deal. He has taken advantage of my friend, whom was eager to get his first brand new BMW.
Came the day of delivery, without prior knowledge he passed the paperwork to his junior telephone taker. completely ignoring us that day at the dealership (he's there walking around), like we are transparent.
To make matters worse a nobody at the dealership decided to back the car out of the showroom, in front of us he crashed the new car!
that my friend is BMW service. :thumbsdown:

This is all true happened May 11th and I am still stunned.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

depends on the dealer really....some dont give a poop, others treat u like a customer.

in general i cant stand salespeople and dealed exclusively thru emails when buying my car....saves all the BS and if someone didnt respond to my emails i thru them out of contention.

in the NY area i can recommend BMW manhattan and rallye when dealing thru the internet. and i would avoid 'wide world of cars' at all costs...ive never had a dealer just flagrantly lie as much as they did.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Have been running around to get a BMW (getting it next wed !!!! ). Went to Lexus, MB, Audi etc before deciding on bimmer. The sales ppl in all dealerships have been nice, spending time, explaining things, offering coffee etc ..... but not the Beemer guys !! ... They would not spend more time than is absolutely necessary and have an indifferent even dismissive attitude ......
Has other people similar experiences or is just me ????
or is it BMW selling style !

I have had the opposite experience. The sales people at other dealerships were trashy.... but my guy at Fields BMW rocks. (Rick Coles, by the way.... anyone in Orlando should ask for him)

I met him simply by walking into the showroom, and he was the first person to ask to help me. He is about my same age, and we have certainly clicked. He's been a huge help to me. When I was trying to decide on color and interior options, he drove me over to the off-site warehouse facility where they keep new cars, so I could see all the interiors in-person. He has setup service appointments.... has driven me to and from home many times.... he helped me get my M-tech kit from my house to the dealership (I needed a big truck to move the parts). He even drove my car back to my house when I was out of town, and parked it in my garage for me. (A service ended up taking longer than expected)

There's not many people I'd trust to do that.... but no problem for him.

I have since purchased a second car from him. A 325i for my parents, who lived in Washington DC at the time. He worked out the whole deal on the phone, and had the car sent to the Performance Center so I could pick it up closer to Washington.

BMW dealerships hate it when they lose sales to dealers outside of their area. Well... must be bad when a DC customer buys from Orlando. Someone is doing something right.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Members

The way I have dealt with those wankers is to ask them what kind of cars they drive. Ninety percent of the time they dont even own a BMW.That usually cuts them down to size. About a year ago I went to the dealer closest to my house (thank god they are not my dealer) to look into purchasing a slightly used three series for my niece for her birthday. I wore the dirty jeans and baseball cap and beat up shoes, those idiots let me walk around for exactly 45 minutes before someone approached me. I told them that they would be the last place I would ever buy a car from and then left with the sales guy chasing behind me to see me get in my x5.

One of the most valuable lessons I have learnt in life is to never assume based on physical appearance. As a former banker I always found out that the client who drives the beatup pickup truck and looks like he is down on his luck is usually the one who is worth 5, 10, 15 or more, million dollars.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I think there is a great deal of attitude variability at the various dealership types. My BMW sales guys were great.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AussieBimmer' post='296324' date='Jun 12 2006, 07:43 AM
There are probably 7 or 8 dealerships in where I live .... ALL had the same attitude. I went to the one about 75 minutes away !!!

And you live where???
Old 06-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i 2004 Yukon Denali XL 1998 Volvo S70 T5

The salesperson sets the tone for the whole dealership experience. I went to the dealership and got talked up by a saleswoman who was trying to sell me a 530 for 150 a month more than I ended up leasing my 545. I decided that I was not going to do business there. Only by chance when I came back to that dealership looking at colors so I could order the car online that I ended up talking to the fleet manager in the parking lot (the way to go) who was on his way home. He guaranteed me a better deal. The next day I told him what I wanted and he found the car and gave me the best deal without me telling him what the other deals were.

There are going to be good salespeople and then there aren't. There are going to be salespeople that see me in my board shorts and a t-shirt and not give me the time of day and then there are those who will make the sale.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by R. Edward' post='296444' date='Jun 12 2006, 11:35 AM
The salesperson sets the tone for the whole dealership experience. I went to the dealership and got talked up by a saleswoman who was trying to sell me a 530 for 150 a month more than I ended up leasing my 545. I decided that I was not going to do business there. Only by chance when I came back to that dealership looking at colors so I could order the car online that I ended up talking to the fleet manager in the parking lot (the way to go) who was on his way home. He guaranteed me a better deal. The next day I told him what I wanted and he found the car and gave me the best deal without me telling him what the other deals were.

There are going to be good salespeople and then there aren't. There are going to be salespeople that see me in my board shorts and a t-shirt and not give me the time of day and then there are those who will make the sale.

I agree with the majority on this site, my experience with BMW has not been a positive one. Most sales reps think they are God and feel the need to treat you like #$@!$#!$!. I guess they think that if you don't buy it someone else will, and unfortunately our cars are so great they are probably right. Nevertheless, i think I've never had a great experience from sales rep at BMW or Mercedes, that is a shame. On the other hand the service dept in some dealers have been very good and i have had quite a few disagreements with the techs, figuere that isht out. The arrogance of some people is just ridiculous, i wonder if us as drivers are the same way on the road.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 750Li;CLK63 Black Series (Retired);

Two different experiences @ the same dealer.
In my opinion, dealer's attitudes can vary depending on the time of your visit. I'd personally recommend making a visit at the end of whichever month you are in. My first visit to my local BMW was in the first week of november. To keep things short, it wasn't a pleasant experience. I walked straight out and got back into my MB. I made my second visit towards the end of December and realized: "Wow what a difference." So I actually told one of the sales managers about what had happen exactly a month ago and said out loud, "We are always in the pursuit of perfecting client relationships?? Bull S##T!!" Two weeks later when picking up my car, they threw in 2 full size BMW golf bags and hats as a complementary gift. lol
Old 06-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

It really depends on the sales person. I had great experience with BMW, and MB. Not so good experience with Lexus.

Quick Reply: BMW Sales ppl have attitude problem ????