E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Sales ppl have attitude problem ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have been running around to get a BMW (getting it next wed !!!! ). Went to Lexus, MB, Audi etc before deciding on bimmer. The sales ppl in all dealerships have been nice, spending time, explaining things, offering coffee etc ..... but not the Beemer guys !! ... They would not spend more time than is absolutely necessary and have an indifferent even dismissive attitude ......
Has other people similar experiences or is just me ????
or is it BMW selling style !
Old 06-12-2006, 04:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AussieBimmer' post='296319' date='Jun 12 2006, 01:36 PM
Have been running around to get a BMW (getting it next wed !!!! ). Went to Lexus, MB, Audi etc before deciding on bimmer. The sales ppl in all dealerships have been nice, spending time, explaining things, offering coffee etc ..... but not the Beemer guys !! ... They would not spend more time than is absolutely necessary and have an indifferent even dismissive attitude ......
Has other people similar experiences or is just me ????
or is it BMW selling style !
It varies beween dealers.

I avoided my local one for the very reason you describe and went to one 30 minutes away (Not far by most folks measures I guess...) where they were... HUMAN!!

ABC
Old 06-12-2006, 04:43 AM
Members

There are probably 7 or 8 dealerships in where I live .... ALL had the same attitude. I went to the one about 75 minutes away !!!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

it happens here in Singapore too.
that's why i just sold off my e60 to get a merc slk instead of getting the z4 coupe
- waited for the sales person to get back to me on prelaunch info - never happened
Old 06-12-2006, 04:54 AM
Members

Some dealers are like this... we have two in our town and the one who is authorized by BMW is quite arrogant... the other who is unathorized is very cool, gives good prices and has a better reputation that the official dealer
Old 06-12-2006, 04:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

I had this at MB dealers but not BMW maybe sales are so good down under they are not overly concerned with your business
Old 06-12-2006, 05:19 AM
Members

I get the same attitude at BMW and MB dealers.... annoying elitist attitude....
Old 06-12-2006, 05:24 AM
Contributors

After all the trouble with your ?purchase contract? and your deposit, did you take into account that maybe you and BMW aren?t meant for each other? :'(
Maybe that?s just a hint of fate and you should accept it?
But now it seems to be too late?!

No kidding, I have no complaints concerning my dealer.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Senior Members

The guy I buy my BMWs from acts like he couldn't care less if he ever sold one, and that he's basically doing me a favor by selling me one, because I get to become one of the the "elite" drivers on the road.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

I encountered this attitude when I bought my 325i back in 2001. I walked out of the dealership and went to another one. I got my current car from Inskip BMW in Warwick, RI. The guy I dealt with was great. he came recommended by a friend. Some of the other guys down there I haven't been to keen on.

Quick Reply: BMW Sales ppl have attitude problem ????