E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

bmw recall

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears to me that this only applies to diesels. Is that correct? So, I'm assuming this is not a USA applicable recall.

Thanks,

James
Old 05-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Members

yes jksanford

i think it is only recall for diesels....for manifold..
Old 05-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Senior Members

Excuse me but you all are frightening me...i already started paying the advance for the car and i see here alot of problems...recalls, problems with the windshield , ghostly radios that keep playin', wierd noises...i mean that's quite alot...I THOUGHT BMW TO BE A VERY VERY SURE CARMAKER. i currently drive a vw passat and i NEVER...EVER had any problems...even minor things.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' date='May 17 2005, 06:09 PM
Excuse me but you all are frightening me...i already started paying the advance for the car and i see here alot of problems...recalls, problems with the windshield , ghostly radios that keep playin', wierd noises...i mean that's quite alot...I THOUGHT BMW TO BE A VERY VERY SURE CARMAKER. i currently drive a vw passat and i NEVER...EVER had any problems...even minor things.
[snapback]129929[/snapback]
VWs are junk, according to recent JD Power ratings. I've come to the conclusion the reason you see so many complaints here about E60 problems is because people who have a problem, although a small percentage of the total population of owners, need a place to vent and ask questions. Go to any car board, you'll see the same thing. BMW is rated by JD Power to be a very reliable brand (below Lexus but far above Mercedes).

Here is the link:

http://www.jdpower.com/awards/industry/pre...yID=860&CatID=1
Old 05-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='May 17 2005, 08:36 PM
[quote name='BetterMakeWay' date='May 17 2005, 06:09 PM']Excuse me but you all are frightening me...i already started paying the advance for the car and i see here alot of problems...recalls, problems with the windshield , ghostly radios that keep playin', wierd noises...i mean that's quite alot...I THOUGHT BMW TO BE A VERY VERY SURE CARMAKER. i currently drive a vw passat and i NEVER...EVER had any problems...even minor things.
[snapback]129929[/snapback]
VWs are junk, according to recent JD Power ratings. I've come to the conclusion the reason you see so many complaints here about E60 problems is because people who have a problem, although a small percentage of the total population of owners, need a place to vent and ask questions. Go to any car board, you'll see the same thing. BMW is rated by JD Power to be a very reliable brand (below Lexus but far above Mercedes).

Here is the link:

http://www.jdpower.com/awards/industry/pre...yID=860&CatID=1
[snapback]129946[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't care to much about jd power.. or any other sites. I care about the car i buy. For sure bmw is a vrey good carmaker. I used to walk through other forums and saw almost the same thing but i thought it was too much what i saw here on e60 forums. Anyway i don't consider vw junk. If what u say is true then passats (where in my country it must be the second or third national car) are a hell alot of junk. Told u i never had problems with it even though i have it from 2000. I see on this site alot of problems...and i was just a little surprised because i nevert thought bmw had so many issues. at least not so many...hope i'm wrong cuz i already oerderd my bmw. it's time to move on to some serious ultimate driving machine
Old 05-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Members

My Ride: X3 | 3.0 | 6-speed manual

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' date='May 18 2005, 03:15 PM
I don't care to much about jd power.. or any other sites. I care about the car i buy.
In that case, ignore all of the posts here because none of them concern the exact car you're buying.

Honestly, it makes no sense to say that you dont care about JD Power surveys (which have thousands and thousands of responses upon which to base their results, thus lending some degree of statistical significance and validity), yet you are concerned because you read stuff here from a few dozen people who post on a board from which ZERO statistical significance or validity can be drawn.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bart001' date='May 18 2005, 02:38 PM
[quote name='BetterMakeWay' date='May 18 2005, 03:15 PM']I don't care to much about jd power.. or any other sites. I care about the car i buy.
In that case, ignore all of the posts here because none of them concern the exact car you're buying.

Honestly, it makes no sense to say that you dont care about JD Power surveys (which have thousands and thousands of responses upon which to base their results, thus lending some degree of statistical significance and validity), yet you are concerned because you read stuff here from a few dozen people who post on a board from which ZERO statistical significance or validity can be drawn.
[snapback]130253[/snapback]
[/quote]

You tottaly got me there. LOL Anyway i was tell u that because i don't know what jd power means, never heard of it until now. Anyway let's just hope most of the cars that bmw produce don't have anything to do with all the fault reported on this forum...
Old 06-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 530d Touring, May 2004

I have just had my exhaust manifold upgrde done on my 530d.

Dealer dismantled my car to do the job, without my permission - then advised that the parts were out of stock in Germany so couldn't rebuild it so couldn't get my own car back ! There followed an interesting dialogue.
Eventually they phoned BMW (apparently they are only allowed to e-mail them) to discover that the "parts" out of stock were in fact bolts - and these are the same bolts as another part number so they don't stock them, just use the old ones. Worth bearing in mind if you come across this.

Incidentally - BMW vs VW reliability ? So far my BMW has been off the road more days in 6 months than my two previous cards in 9 years (a VW engined Ford Galaxy V6 and a superb VW Passat V6 4-Motion). Dealer attitude also much better at VW
Old 06-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d black on black sport seats, shadow line rear and side sunshades, sport wheel, brushed aluminium interior trim, sunroof, ......

juts had my car out of the dealer

oild change and exhaust replaced.

now i need to fix that noise coming from the winshield (recently changed it after some F@&*%$ kids threw rocks at my baby while riding on the freeway)

hk
Old 06-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Members

how can we know that exhaust were replaced ???

i also have recall and my dealer were replaced that exhaust but how can i know if they changed it?

Quick Reply: bmw recall