E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Paint Peeling and Flaking

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011 | 06:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535ix

Originally Posted by cleung
Well I guess as long as the dealership is taking car of you, you're ok. Has Bema in Saskatoon been pretty good to deal with?

Bema has been surprisingly good. Service has been way better than from Audi for instance. i've heard alot of stories of people travelling to Regina to buy their bmws because they didn't want to deal with Bema but I honestly can't see a good reason to do that now. Any issues that I've had have been dealt with quickly and professionally. The car is still in the shop and I should get it back this thursday or friday.
Old 05-05-2011 | 06:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by saskabush
I washed my car at a wand wash last week and was horrified when some of the paint flaked right off. This is on the driver's side rocker panel. The car is a 2009 AW 535xi. Doing a google search, it seems that the paint is water based nowadays and isn't as hard as it used to be.

The dealership said that it probably started with a rock chip and once the water gets underneath, the paint just lifts right off. There definitely seems to be alot more rock chips than I recall seeing with any of my previous cars. I have never seen paint lift away like that from a rock chip! Anyone else see this before?

BMW warranty is covering it and it's going in for new paint over the rocker panel this tuesday.
I washed my car at a wand wash last week and was horrified when some of the paint flaked right off. - These typs of car washes can be a little dangerous. I would be very careful about spray high pressure water and or even a high pressure air hose around an area where the paint has been breeched. I actually had an Acura that had a similar issue from me getting the crazy want too close to the area and it was a small cratch. It flipped a small piece of paint back on me as well. In some cases this type of car wash may only be whats available, just don't get that wand to close...