E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW mechanics in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been having some starting issues with my car for the past months, took it to a couple of mechanics but none seem to find what the problem is.
Anyone here from the NYC area knows of a reputable shop that specializes in BMW's ?

Also i was searching on google and found "L&M Foreign cars" , they have 5 stars out of 169 reviews, anyone dealt with them before ?

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

describe problems and ask us?
You didn't upload your video of the RPM jumping up and down properly, so no one ever saw it... try youtube?

Old 09-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Members
Senior Members

Since you are located in Queens contact below. They specialize in BMW.

///Motorcepts 126-10 89th Avenue, Richmond Hill, NY 11418 347-644-5363
Old 09-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

+1 ^
Old 09-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

Originally Posted by 550nyc
Ive been having some starting issues with my car for the past months, took it to a couple of mechanics but none seem to find what the problem is.
Anyone here from the NYC area knows of a reputable shop that specializes in BMW's ?

Also i was searching on google and found "L&M Foreign cars" , they have 5 stars out of 169 reviews, anyone dealt with them before ?

Thanks!
DONOT I repeat DONOT go to L&M!! Billy is a rip off!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I've got a real PRO for electrical stuff in Brooklyn. He's Russian, but honest and I've never seen him make any mistakes yet. If you still need someone, and don't mind coming to Brooklyn, PM me - I'll share the 411
Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sanjsanj
describe problems and ask us?
You didn't upload your video of the RPM jumping up and down properly, so no one ever saw it... try youtube?
I fixed that issue of the rpms going up and down, my cranking sensor was out, I replaced it and never had that problem.

But..

This problem that I've been having with starting the car its too complicated to explain lol it may sound weird.. But ill try. This all started about 3-4 months ago, one day as I entered the key fob, everything turned on, pushed the start button, the car wouldn't turn on, it made like a quite clicking noise for 1 second and stoped, I pushed the button again than the car turned on. Never had this problem again for the next couple of weeks so ignored it, until it started happening again, that time it took more tries to turn it on, than little by little this started happening more often and took much longer to turn on to the point where I had to wait more than an hour. I just lived with it since no one seemed to find the problem. Until last week this got more serious, as I was driving, came to a full stop at the red light and boom the car just shut off, and it wouldn't start, after waiting for the tow truck for an hour I thought I'd give it another try and all of a sudden the car turned back on and drove fine all the way home without any error light.

I know its alittle confusing but basicly when the car doesn't turn on, the engine makes a quite clicking/cranking noise for 1 or 2 second than stops, after trying this for many times the noise will just go away, than randomly out of nowhere it starts and when it does I can't seem to have a error light for the mechanics to see
Old 09-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren-Werke
Since you are located in Queens contact below. They specialize in BMW.

///Motorcepts 126-10 89th Avenue, Richmond Hill, NY 11418 347-644-5363
I've been going there since they opened regularly, but leo couldn't find the problem cause he just wasn't receiving any error codes on the computer
Old 09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kane1111
DONOT I repeat DONOT go to L&M!! Billy is a rip off!!!!
Damn that sucks i had hopes for that shop , what they do to u ?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I've got a real PRO for electrical stuff in Brooklyn. He's Russian, but honest and I've never seen him make any mistakes yet. If you still need someone, and don't mind coming to Brooklyn, PM me - I'll share the 411
You seem like a guy of ur word so I wouldn't mind taking it to him, but I think this deffinetly related to some mechanical problems rather than electrical

Quick Reply: BMW mechanics in NYC