E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW Individual Colors

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moonstone Metallic --- Has anyone seen this color in person? Any photo's or a good description. I can't tell if is is similar to a pearl metallic or more like a silver gray.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:30 AM
Senior Members

hey, welcome aboard e60.net!!!!!!!!!!

there is supposed to be a site for the colors in individual, but you can only get these outside of US.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Aug 19 2005, 01:30 PM

there is supposed to be a site for the colors in individual, but you can only get these outside of US.
[snapback]161001[/snapback]
I do not get it, why can't you choose Individual in US?

Well, at least you can play with the configurator over here:

http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/...dual/index.html
Old 08-19-2005, 03:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

Originally Posted by Ricracing' date='Aug 19 2005, 12:40 PM
[quote name='gdavis' date='Aug 19 2005, 01:30 PM']hey, welcome aboard e60.net!!!!!!!!!!

I do not get it, why can't you choose Individual in US?

Well, at least you can play with the configurator over here:

http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/...dual/index.html
[snapback]161005[/snapback]
[/quote]

Because BMW NA won't do it. Individual is offered by BMW AG to all, but it is up to the region HQs to implement it and support it. BMW NA doesn't want to do it.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

I hope BMWNA reads these posts and wakes up. I'm sure alot of people here would oreder the Individual Program if it was offered. I know I would. They don't allow us to have massage ventilated seats either.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:16 AM
Senior Members

I don't think BMW NA take Individual as US buyers (some/all states?) appear to be able to walk away from cars they order without financial penalty even once the car has arrived at the dealer. This must be a big enough burden for a dealership being left with an unsold car in a normal factory spec combination but the prospect of being left with an Individual spec car in a colour scheme that will not appeal to another buyer at all must be too great a risk.

In the UK and most likely Europe too, once you have signed up and paid your deposit that's it. Back out of the deal and you forfeit your deposit which can be 10% or higher of the value of your ordered spec. Most people here are unaware of the Individual programme though and dealers don't appear to be properly trained on what it offers or how to price it up. I've seen the dealers info from BMW on Individual via their intranet website and it is not easy to follow, nor is it easy to find on their system. They don't seem to keep all Individual info on one area of the site and you have to look long and hard to find it, hence the reason why most sales people don't bother. They are also paranoid about ordering up the wrong spec as the option codes are quite confusing.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

Actually you normally can special-order Individual colors in the U.S.

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Aug 19 2005, 04:30 AM

Old 08-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

[quote name='Robert A' date='Aug 19 2005, 06:11 PM']

You can, if you knowhow
Old 08-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

I think ISUK is right in his reasoning as to why BMWNA won't support it. It would be hard to sell a pre-owned car in some crazy color combo. I have heard of people special opdering colors but some guys have sated that they have tried and BMWNA rejects the order.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Robert A' date='Aug 19 2005, 12:11 PM

[quote name='gdavis' date='Aug 19 2005, 04:30 AM']hey, welcome aboard e60.net!!!!!!!!!!

[snapback]161087[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes I know I can order individual colors in the US. I think I want to order this color but HELP I need photos or a discription.

JB

Quick Reply: BMW Individual Colors