E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW emblem stolen, car damaged!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rudy....both!

remember michael fray....
Old 06-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Was he the guy who got caned?
Old 06-22-2004, 03:01 PM

Damn rollee, that really sucks, sorry it happened to you. Does the insurance take care of such things? I am so paranoid now that im thinking of getting the garage under surveillance! Btw thanks for the headsup since i am heading to markham tomorrow, lawyers meeting, gotta make sure to park it in a safe spot! I hope that your situation gets taken care of without any problems. Let us know how it all goes.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Members

Sorry that was my post above, didnt know i was logged out.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jun 22 2004, 04:05 PM
Was he the guy who got caned?
Yes. He got caned because he was naughty with his fingers on other people's car. The law is tough here but my car still got dings and scratches. I think we better cut off their fingers if we catch them ourselves
Old 06-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Contributors

I believe he was the guy canned for painting a BMW or Mercedes wasn't he?
Either way the person should loose something for sure. I still say castration
Old 06-22-2004, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Rollee,

I am just amazed at the complete disrespect some people have for other peoples property.
My heart goes out to you.
If you find out who did it I'd be right behind you to cut his toes off too.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Senior Members

Can the badge be taken off without getting damaged itself?

Sorry to hear about your loss.

How much can they get for one of those.

Idiots should get a job.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

hello everybody, i really appreciate all the kind words and support. nobody want this to happen and i am still very annoyed by it.
Here's an update:
a couple of body shops i visited says the damage is too minor to have their interest, i was told as long as i build a few layers of touch up paint to patch up the exposed metal, the area will not rust, the roundel emblem will cover most of the marks. i cannot accept this solution, afterall its my new baby right?
i went to another person whom does mobile repairs to dents and scratches (his shop is entirely inside his van), took him a couple of hours and $$$ later, the entire damage has vanished like magic! what an expensive lesson, but impressive work.
he maticulously matched and mixed the paint work and repaired the area like new, i cannot see the difference even upon close inspection.
he also repaired the damage to my buddy's m coupe, also an excellent job well done.
it's a strange feeling to drive without the 'bmw' roundel emblem for the last few days.
i learned why our cars look so amazing and seem to have a different appearence in different lighting situations. bmw colours are actually a combination of 'many' different colours, black for example is not black but a combination of 7 different metallic mixes including gold and blue. from this experience i have learned something new.
if anyone in the area would need his services (lets hope not), please let me know.
BTW the bmw roundel emblem costs me ~$20 US. BASTARDS!!!
not only their fingers still needs to be be cut off after castration, they also need to be caned like in singapore.
i will post some pics later. cheers! rollee
Old 06-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

rollee, good to hear your baby is ok after the "surgery" . i haven't had this experience before (and i don't want one) but i had a strange feeling even my previous e39's rear bumper got some "license plate" marks from other blindfolded drivers. especially at night and people behind me could easily see my non-perfect ass . i don't know if we are couple of those perfectionists or not .

Quick Reply: BMW emblem stolen, car damaged!