E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The BMW Attitude

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by jochet' post='282945' date='May 15 2006, 10:51 PM
Whats wrong with arrogant, preppy stuck people who drive bimmers?

Nothing especially since I am one of them...
Old 05-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, sport pkg, prem pkg, navigation; titanium silver w/ black interior

Originally Posted by Cabrio330' post='248394' date='Mar 2 2006, 06:11 AM
I could not agree more! I just recently moved up from an E46 to an E60 and I have come to realize that as a 40-ish guy, I was out of place at E46fanatics. That is an oversimplification of course, because there are a lot of good members there. But this forum feels like it has more members like me - middle-aged BMW enthusiasts who understand where the "pimp" line is on mods.

In response to jet190rs, he is right about there being two groups. But anyone reading this forum on a regular basis (first thing every morning for me!) automatically falls into Group #1!
whoah codger. speak for yourself there mr. middle-aged 40 something
Old 05-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Senior Members

i do feel that 'us' the BMW group is more passionate with our cars and more into discussing/appreciating our ride than others, in particualr the mercedes people.

although e46fanatics (i like there too) is a younger crowd their enthusiam is no less passionate than say the M5 board.
members i came across even at the stop light are all smiles when we salute each other's BMW. some are more ready to play, while others looks with admiration of your wheels etc.
in general 'we' are more of a car (BMW) enthusiast. thats how i feel, and i have experience this around the world with many different BMW owners young or old.
its all good.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525I fully loaded

my thing is if you can drive it go for it. Most people who drive BMW's are very passionate about cars. Some people view cars as transportation bimmer heads view it as a lifestyle.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bimmersrock' post='282976' date='May 16 2006, 12:56 AM
my thing is if you can drive it go for it. Most people who drive BMW's are very passionate about cars. Some people view cars as transportation bimmer heads view it as a lifestyle.

right on.
i've broken the ice many times using BMW. immediately lights up ones fire.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

If being called arrongant gets me the key to a BMW and give me the satisfaction in driving, then call me whatever you like.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Oh please. We drive BMWs because we are better then anyone else and are probably way better endowed then they are too
Old 05-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Senior Members

I came from bmw passionate to bmw fanatic. I don't care of what everybody thinks of me about this. Not my friends, not even my gf, and even not my parents who always get on me when i sometimes spend 5-10 hours in detailing the car. I just love my car and i love driving it and that's it.
Funny that is my gf asked me a tricky one last night knowing how passionate i am about my car and bimmers in general: What would you choose between me and the car? I couldn't get a straight answer to that since i knew i would choose the car by miles...

OH AND BTW...does anyone else have that crazy attitude that either when coming home from work/school or whatever or when finishing some stuff, you should be heading home, but in fact hand out a little more and just drive your car on a good road, even though you might go away from home and drive even if you are alone in the car? I do this stuff alot...and some people said i'm just crazy...
Old 05-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Yeah BetterMakeWay, you are crazy. In a good way
Old 05-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='282992' date='May 16 2006, 01:39 AM
I came from bmw passionate to bmw fanatic. I don't care of what everybody thinks of me about this. Not my friends, not even my gf, and even not my parents who always get on me when i sometimes spend 5-10 hours in detailing the car. I just love my car and i love driving it and that's it.
Funny that is my gf asked me a tricky one last night knowing how passionate i am about my car and bimmers in general: What would you choose between me and the car? I couldn't get a straight answer to that since i knew i would choose the car by miles...

OH AND BTW...does anyone else have that crazy attitude that either when coming home from work/school or whatever or when finishing some stuff, you should be heading home, but in fact hand out a little more and just drive your car on a good road, even though you might go away from home and drive even if you are alone in the car? I do this stuff alot...and some people said i'm just crazy...
AH me2!!
I do that all the time plus many more others.
i can wash my car at 3am even after a long day's work, or clean my wheels anytime of the day.
i cannot sleep if i know my car sleeping in my garage does not have a full tank (sleeping hungry-poor baby).

some of my buddies and neighbour:
detailing their BMW takes no less than 3 full days. never has the car not been hand washed plus another 3 layers of caruba.

can wake up in the middle of the night to check tire pressure.

will change wheels themselves nightly according to next day's weather report.

the single bmw takes up both spaces in the garage (parked in the middle) to make room for 2 red carpets on each side of car. entire garage lit with daylight balance HMI lighting.

no limits in spending for car care acessories, that including $250+ on a can of wax.

has a surround sound home theatre and plasma screen installed in garage with computer controlled temperature plus insulation, to enable more times spent with his car indoors.

new project of a friend:
to dig out a part of his garage to ease hand washing the car indoors. water goes through the mesh floor.

call that crazy? NEVER. its passion.

Quick Reply: The BMW Attitude