E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Assits Question ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does BMW Assits work ? I mean, Whos phone is it using and whos paying for it ?

I know I have a monthly subscrition but does anyone else have this feature ?

I am just curious.

Thank you
Ben
Old 12-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

BMW has their own phone that's built-in to the car for assist. You don't pay anything more than the subscription fee for the service (the first year is free).
Old 12-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Members

Yea, but how does that phone work, where does it connect ?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Where are you? In the USA, the phone uses the Verizon cellular network.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Benchod' post='210951' date='Dec 14 2005, 12:03 AM
How does BMW Assits work ? I mean, Whos phone is it using and whos paying for it ?

I am just curious.

Thank you
Ben
I had this question a few weeks back and like you I thought I paid for the calls, so I switched my phone off and called them and yep its their phone, their bill. Until the free period ends of course
Old 12-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='211245

I am just curious.

Thank you
Ben
I had this question a few weeks back and like you I thought I paid for the calls, so I switched my phone off and called them and yep its their phone, their bill. Until the free period ends of course
[/quote]Who does one call to get the "services?" I know there is a concierge service. What are the other services? I tried to get concierge once, but no one I talked to could get me connected via the number I was using--forgot which one now. So, I put it out of my mind and never tried again. Can you talk to someone about services using the assist feature?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

There are two parts to the BMW Assist program (at least for the US. Other regions/countries probably have a diff variation of these programs):

1. BMW Safety Plan is automatically included with your annual subscription. This includes Emergency Roadside Assist, Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Recovery (all models produced after 10/04, except 7 series), etc.

2. The Convinience Plan is an optinal plan with additional charges (can't remember the cost..I think it's per call) and gives you services like travel directions, weather, and concierge services (reservations, tickets, etc).

You can read more at the BMW website:
http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/bmwassist/

I used mine a couple of times. Each time a customer service person comes on-line. The Convinience plan is also included in the first year. I have called to change my PIN, to ask about the plan, etc.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='210958' date='Dec 14 2005, 12:13 AM
Where are you? In the USA, the phone uses the Verizon cellular network.
So if you have an emergency in the middle of nowhere, its possible that the call won't connect?
Old 12-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='211262' date='Dec 14 2005, 02:59 PM
So if you have an emergency in the middle of nowhere, its possible that the call won't connect?
That is correct. Check out this FAQ on the Canadian website:
http://www.bmw.ca/assist/assist_faqs.asp?lang=en
Old 12-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='211260' date='Dec 14 2005, 03:57 PM
There are two parts to the BMW Assist program (at least for the US. Other regions/countries probably have a diff variation of these programs):

1. BMW Safety Plan is automatically included with your annual subscription. This includes Emergency Roadside Assist, Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Recovery (all models produced after 10/04, except 7 series), etc.

2. The Convinience Plan is an optinal plan with additional charges (can't remember the cost..I think it's per call) and gives you services like travel directions, weather, and concierge services (reservations, tickets, etc).

You can read more at the BMW website:
http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/bmwassist/

I used mine a couple of times. Each time a customer service person comes on-line. The Convinience plan is also included in the first year. I have called to change my PIN, to ask about the plan, etc.
Thanks JS. I had no idea that the convenince plan is included in the first year. My iDrive shows that I have no subscribed services, but I just may be misinterpreting things. I'm going to SOS soon and check things out. I definitely am going to use the concierge on our next San Diego trip. I want to avoid routes with sand storms or recent oil especially.

Quick Reply: BMW Assits Question ?