5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   BMW Assist for North America (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/bmw-assist-north-america-10717/)

Serge007 05-09-2005 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by katmai' date='May 6 2005, 10:46 PM
When you press SOS button, is it suppose to call BMW Assist or 911?

I think my car was programmed to call BMW Assist before the software upgrade.? After the upgrade, SOS button calls 911.? I'm not really sure now.
[snapback]125225[/snapback]

After every sw update BMW Assist needs to be reactivated through i-Drive. It happened to me before.

Iceman 05-09-2005 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Serge007' date='May 10 2005, 12:56 AM
After every sw update BMW Assist needs to be reactivated through i-Drive. It happened to me before.
[snapback]126334[/snapback]

Nope. Not after every sw update!
I had my software updated and BMW Assist just worked fine after it, without reactivating it. No problems.

zippers525 05-09-2005 03:33 PM

but my button should do something no?

Merzbow 05-09-2005 03:35 PM

On a semi-related note, can someone confirm to me that the BMW Assist feature can be used as a Lojack-type tracking device to locate a stolen car? The BMW Assist contract implies this strongly but doesn't say it outright. I'd like to know because if I can confirm to my insurer that this is the case I can get a discount.

katmai 05-09-2005 09:18 PM

I made an appointment to fix the SOS button calling 911 situation for next Tuesday. My SA told me that the SOS button should not be calling 911, so they will open a PUMA case. BTW, once it dials 911, I can not hang up the 911 call from my car (not even turning off the car). I ended up waiting in the CHP 911 queue for 5 minutes. I had to explain the 911 operator the situation, so she can terminate the call for me. I'm hoping it's a faulty TCU, so I can activate bluetooth with the new TCU.

So far, I've been getting this types of treatment from the dealer.
1) door squeaks - The dealer blames on my Windows tint. They did apply carboflo, but they do not have the new door seals.
2) cup holders - no new cup holders for me, because the old ones are not broken. They are just badly designed.

Merzbow 05-09-2005 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by katmai' date='May 9 2005, 10:18 PM
I made an appointment to fix the SOS button calling 911 situation for next Tuesday.? My SA told me that the SOS button should not be calling 911, so they will open a PUMA case.? BTW, once it dials 911, I can not hang up the 911 call from my car (not even turning off the car).? I ended up waiting in the CHP 911 queue for 5 minutes.? I had to explain the 911 operator the situation, so she can terminate the call for me.? I'm hoping it's a faulty TCU, so I can activate bluetooth with the new TCU.

1) door squeaks - The dealer blames on my Windows tint.? They did apply carboflo, but they do not have the new door seals.
2) cup holders - no new cup holders for me, because the old ones are not broken.? They are just badly designed.
[snapback]126441[/snapback]

So if we deliberately break our cup holders then they'll give us new ones?!? Rofl...

jtp1947 05-10-2005 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by katmai' date='May 9 2005, 10:18 PM
1) door squeaks - The dealer blames on my Windows tint.? They did apply carboflo, but they do not have the new door seals.
2) cup holders - no new cup holders for me, because the old ones are not broken.? They are just badly designed.

Katmai, which dealer do you go to?

Sifford 05-10-2005 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by zippers525' date='May 9 2005, 06:54 AM
I dont think i ever activated assist, but my year ran out anyways. When i press the button, nothing happens. Is my car supposed to do this? I thought maybe because i never activated Assist.
[snapback]126047[/snapback]

Try pressing and holding the SOS button. Before my 16.2 update, I only hed to quickly press it and it made the call to BMW Assist. After the 16.2 update, I called BMW Assist and they said I need to now hold it for 2 seconds for it to make the call.

katmai 05-10-2005 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by jtp1947' date='May 10 2005, 08:56 AM
[quote name='katmai' date='May 9 2005, 10:18 PM']

Katmai, which dealer do you go to?
[snapback]126552[/snapback]
[/quote]

Shelly BMW.

uwsc11 06-09-2005 11:47 AM

I have tried to activiate my BMW Assist 3 times. So far no luck. Each time I tried doing it by pressing the SOS button in the car. The first time they could get my voice information, but not the data part from my car. They asked me to try again a different time.
The second time I still had the same problem, but they were more helpful and told me that my dealer needed to do something to activate the sending of the data part of the SOS call.

I went in for service, yesterday, and they fixed that at my dealer.

Trying to activate the system last night resulted in another nice conversation with the BMW Assist center, but still no activation. They now say that they receive all of the data as well as voice when I press the button, but my dealer has not sent them any subsriber information on me. :blink:

Called my dealer again today and the service rep tells me that sales needs to do that. I have a call into my sales guy now.

It has been 3 months that I've had the car now and still no BMW Assist.

:angry: