E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Assist - How much and what do you get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 06:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Touring, Silver Grey, 18" Star Spoke (124) Wheels, De-Chromed, Grey Dakota Leather, Comfort Seats, Navigation - Pro, Bluetooth, 6 CD Changer, Dynamic Drive, Adaptive Headlights, Bi-Xenons, Panoramic Sun Roof, Sun Protection Glass, Grad Tint Windscreen, Auto Dim + Folding Mirrors, Maple Wood - High Gloss, Storage Compartment Pack,

Hi All,

Anyone have/use BMW Assist? My 535d has the telmatics kit but no menu appears in the i-drive. I assume I have to get it activated with some sort of subscription.

Information on BMW's site is sketchy so I wondered is anyone from the UK on this site uses it and knows how much etc.

Cheers

Nick
Old 08-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 530iSE, Black Saphire with beige leather, auto, lux pack, comms pack, viz pack, power mirrors, 122 wheels

Hi Nick

My 530i has prof nav and I use a bluetooth Sony t610. Like you the assist did not appear on idrive and tring to activate in the settings menu did nothing. The dealer has to send a fax to assist for your subscription. No idea what the cost will be after the free 6 months.

Like magic it appears in the set up menu after a couple of days and you just follow the install instruction in the manual. You will also get a text with a password for the asssist site

In the UK we get the concierge service (human to give you info, phone numbers and send guidance to iDrive), emergency and SOS but no advanced Traffic info. The non assist traffic info looks pretty good anyway.

So in summary, back to the dealer and ask them to register you.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Auto M Sport delivered 04/10/05, Carbon Black, Beige Ventilated Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Media Pack - Sat Nav Pro, Bmw Assist, Bluetooth phone prep + telematics + snap in adapter for Nokia 6230i & 6 CD, Visibility Pack - bi-xenons, adaptive headlights and Headlight Wash, HUD, High Gloss Shadow Line, Extended Lights, HiFi System, Extended Voice, M Spoiler and Heated/ventilated f/seats. Chrome Grills. M Double Spoke 19" Mixed Wheels 172 with 245/35 front and 275/30 rear (Non-runflat continentals) Spare wheel and jack. Supaglass.

I've just placed my order for my 535d and from September the option price for assist is ?300 rather than the ?400 previously. Plus I guess that offering the service subscription free for 6 months means they want us to see how good it is and that we will want to pay for it - otherwise they have a large overhead and no revenue to offset it with