E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Is BMW Assist and BMW Roadside Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha
Old 02-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

In Germany we have a lot more cool options with Assist, and they don't charge anything extra, just the annual fee. Before I found out about it I thought I will not renew it, but now I will.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 11 2005, 01:32 PM
In Germany we have a lot more cool options with Assist, and they don't charge anything extra, just the annual fee. Before I found out about it I thought I will not renew it, but now I will.
[snapback]89131[/snapback]
For example? Like what?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

I've explained it somewhen earlier allready. I can log on and configure routes on the internet. I can send data to my car, such as phone numbers, notes and routes. Assist can send me nav routes too. I once asked them for the next pharmacy and they just took a look at where I am (my GPS data), and then sent me the route to the next pharmacy including the phone number. They will give you phone numbers, addresses, make reservations... Whatever you need, they help you out and it doesn't cost extra. Only if you purchase tickets, or let them send flowers in your name... that, of course, would be charged. But not their service, only the tickets, or flowers, or whatsoever.
Having the option to send stuff to the car is cool. Also, that you can configure the route for your next days trip at home in the evening...
Also you can configure a route, that you are driving to work each day, and then you get infos about traffic jam every morning when you start the engine.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

in the US, can they get you resturaunt reservation if you cant get in yourself?
Old 02-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

One of the disappointments of having the first run of the E60 was they didn't have the concierge service running for the first few months so the "free year" wasn't useful to me at all.

I did not renew, however, based on my general driving routes. If I had an accident I would not really need the system to call for help, even if I was rendered unconscious. There would very likely (99% probability) be multiple people that would see my accident and call it in. For me it is too expensive for such a slight chance of necessity.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 11 2005, 02:49 PM
I've explained it somewhen earlier allready. I can log on and configure routes on the internet. I can send data to my car, such as phone numbers, notes and routes. Assist can send me nav routes too. I once asked them for the next pharmacy and they just took a look at where I am (my GPS data), and then sent me the route to the next pharmacy including the phone number. They will give you phone numbers, addresses, make reservations... Whatever you need, they help you out and it doesn't cost extra. Only if you purchase tickets, or let them send flowers in your name... that, of course, would be charged. But not their service, only the tickets, or flowers, or whatsoever.
Having the option to send stuff to the car is cool. Also, that you can configure the route for your next days trip at home in the evening...
Also you can configure a route, that you are driving to work each day, and then you get infos about traffic jam every morning when you start the engine.
[snapback]89143[/snapback]
If they allowed us to pre-program nav routes, etc. maybe we would be less "distracted" and we wouldn't need any "accept" screens at all!

More seriously, does anyone know exactly what would happen if I didn't renew the Assist service and was in an accident with airbag deployment? I mean the car, as it is configured now, is programmed to call someone -- if I don't renew, the car is still going to call the same number. Will they just hang up or not answer? Will they talk to me and get my credit card later? Will they call 911 for me if I don't answer?

Again, I'm being serious here (for once) and am looking for some clear information so I can decide whether to renew or not...
Old 02-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Feb 11 2005, 03:27 PM
If they allowed us to pre-program nav routes, etc. maybe we would be less "distracted" and we wouldn't need any "accept" screens at all!

More seriously, does anyone know exactly what would happen if I didn't renew the Assist service and was in an accident with airbag deployment?? I mean the car, as it is configured now, is programmed to call someone -- if I don't renew, the car is still going to call the same number.? Will they just hang up or not answer?? Will they talk to me and get my credit card later?? Will they call 911 for me if I don't answer??

Again, I'm being serious here (for once) and am looking for some clear information so I can decide whether to renew or not...
[snapback]89154[/snapback]
When I tried to access it without paying the system said "....if this is an emergency, please dial 911...". Uhh, thanks...
Old 02-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Feb 11 2005, 09:27 PM
More seriously, does anyone know exactly what would happen if I didn't renew the Assist service and was in an accident with airbag deployment?? I mean the car, as it is configured now, is programmed to call someone -- if I don't renew, the car is still going to call the same number.? Will they just hang up or not answer?? Will they talk to me and get my credit card later?? Will they call 911 for me if I don't answer??
[snapback]89154[/snapback]
This is a very good question!
I know that they can see that this is an emergency. In that case they have to send help, if you are paying or not. If they don't want to deal with those situations, they have to programme the software that it dials 911 in case you have not signed up with Assist.

Anyone who knows the answer on Rudys question?