E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Assist Billing

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 12:07 PM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two or three months ago, BMW Assist encouraged me to renew via a form letter. I replied with a "no" and commented that the benefits do not justify the cost. So you can imagine my surprise today when I opened my CC statement to find a billing of $257.40 from, that's right, none other than BMW Assist Services.

When I called and explained, the lady said that the charges had already been removed and she did not know why I had not received notification. My question was why the charges were even on the bill since the correspondence took place months ago. There was no explanation. Neither is there a credit in my on line account.

The only service I had during the first twelve months was when BMW Assist sent the police I requested to a site 200 miles away from my actual location. Thanks, but no thanks.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Ouch JDN! Makes me glad I didn't give them any credit card information when the first year was activated at delivery. Stay after them about that credit, I'm sure they'll drag their feet.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I refused to give them CC info as well when they asked me a year ago as well. One less thing to worry about...

Hope you get your credit asap, JDN!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Apr 22 2005, 03:18 PM
I refused to give them CC info as well when they asked me a year ago as well.? One less thing to worry about...

Hope you get your credit asap, JDN!
[snapback]118821[/snapback]
I also refused to offer them cc info when I took delivery. Actually my dealer rep advised me not to.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:09 PM

Exclamation

You guys declined not "refused"!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

The must not know what that logo on your liscense plate means
Old 04-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Members

JDN - you should probably put a dispute on the charge through your credit card company. You never authorize the charge.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:34 PM
JDN
Contributors

Thanks, Fellows. I'm not city smart like some of you. Salesman told me that the CC was necessary to sign up. Anyhoo, I will monitor my CC account and if the credit does not show up by mid week, I will definitely ring the CC company. I have always won those disputes, even with RoadFly.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Members

My Ride: X3 | 3.0 | 6-speed manual

OK I'm 99% sure I'm right about this....

If you give them your CC when you first activate, the deal is that the service will AUTOMATICALLY renew unless you cancel. The BMW Assist service advisor you spoke with when you activated may well not have made that clear, which would be their error for sure. I can't find anything specific about this in BMW's documentation, but I'm pretty sure that's how my SA explained it.

You do NOT need to give them a CC when you activate to get your free year.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

When I activated my BMW Assist account, they asked may we have your credit card number. I asked why they needed it since the first year is free--they said it was "as a convenience to me" so they could continue my service automatically after the first year! I said no thank you. Then they asked may we have your email address, I said no thank you...

Quick Reply: BMW Assist Billing