E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW assist

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 01:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d Sport, Mystic Blue, Dakota leather,Professional Navigation,BMW Assist, Blue Tooth Prep +telematics, 6 Disc Changer, ML/Alloy 8jx18", Graduated Tint windscreen, Auto-Dim Int + folding Mirrors, Comfort Seats - Electric, Through Load system inc Ski Bag, Bi Xenon Headlights plus washer system, Automatic Air Conditioning-Advanced, HiFi Speaker System, Fitted Floor Mats, clear bra

In the UK BMW give 6 months free with BMW assist. At first I thought it was going to be really useful because of Traffic InFo Plus, but this does not seem to be available. Has anybody actually used assist, and if so for what?
Old 08-07-2005, 02:26 AM
Senior Members

Info HERE
Old 08-07-2005, 05:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 525i, Premium Package, Cold package.

Useless in my opinion.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

In Germany it's pretty cool. They really ASSIST you. Give you phone numbers, make reservations, send nav data and/or phone numbers to your car, you can send data to your car via the internet... Pretty cool.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 7 2005, 01:07 PM
In Germany it's pretty cool. They really ASSIST you. Give you phone numbers, make reservations, send nav data and/or phone numbers to your car, you can send data to your car via the internet... Pretty cool.
[snapback]156860[/snapback]
thats what i use it for in the states as well, makes life alot easier.....
Old 08-08-2005, 03:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by marksas' date='Aug 7 2005, 09:52 AM
In the UK BMW give 6 months free with BMW assist.? At first I thought it was going to be really useful because of Traffic InFo Plus, but this does not seem to be available.? Has anybody actually used assist, and if so for what?
[snapback]156795[/snapback]
I used BMW Assist last week for the life or death task of aquiring the number of a chinese take-away on my way home no really!!!!

driving home I fancied a takeaway but wanted to order ahead so it was ready to collect when i got there. As I did not have the number in my mobile's address book I pressed the button for BMW Assist.

The nice call centre person promptly located said take-away and then transferred down the details to my cars i-drive screen, from which one click and i was through to them on the phone placing my order.....now ok i know where the place is but the other neat feature is then you can then click to have the place you just called as the new "destination" in NAV and it directs you there.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:15 AM
Contributors

I've been using the BMW Assist concierge to book all kinds of concert tickets. It has been great. One of the main reasons (also the safety in case of an accident) that I renewed.

I wish we had the services that they have in Germany, though! I'd LOVE to see traffic info.

james
Old 08-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Aug 8 2005, 06:29 AM
[quote name='marksas' date='Aug 7 2005, 09:52 AM']In the UK BMW give 6 months free with BMW assist.?? At first I thought it was going to be really useful because of Traffic InFo Plus, but this does not seem to be available.? Has anybody actually used assist, and if so for what?
[snapback]156795[/snapback]
I used BMW Assist last week for the life or death task of aquiring the number of a chinese take-away on my way home no really!!!!

driving home I fancied a takeaway but wanted to order ahead so it was ready to collect when i got there. As I did not have the number in my mobile's address book I pressed the button for BMW Assist.

The nice call centre person promptly located said take-away and then transferred down the details to my cars i-drive screen, from which one click and i was through to them on the phone placing my order.....now ok i know where the place is but the other neat feature is then you can then click to have the place you just called as the new "destination" in NAV and it directs you there.
[snapback]157045[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ah now when I get my Assist set up I shall get directed to the nearest expensive posh Little Thief restuarants non off these Singapoodle Noodles amd flyied rice all over the front seats in my car! Us diesel drivers know how to treat women properly
Old 08-09-2005, 01:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Aug 8 2005, 11:14 PM
Ah now when I get my Assist set up I shall get directed to the nearest expensive posh Little Thief restuarants non off these Singapoodle Noodles amd flyied rice all over the front seats in my car! Us diesel drivers know how to treat women properly
[snapback]157305[/snapback]
yes, all the "truck" drivers like those places

Old 08-09-2005, 03:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Aug 8 2005, 08:15 AM
I've been using the BMW Assist concierge to book all kinds of concert tickets. It has been great.? One of the main reasons (also the safety in case of an accident) that I renewed.

I wish we had the services that they have in Germany, though! I'd LOVE to see traffic info.

james
[snapback]157054[/snapback]
(Also the safety in case of an accident),although the stolen car feature is still there what good is the BMW Assist if you are in a area that has a bad cell and you can't make contact with them if you have an accident??
cheers
vern
PS Check BMW Assist Issue post

Quick Reply: BMW assist