E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW AC system

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

I have to say one thing that i am highly & overly impressed with ..... the AC in this car. its simply amazing.

compared to my $32K Audi A4 that i had before this ..... its simply amazing.

since i drove about 1,500 miles every weekend - HIGHWAY ...:
the thing that bothered me the most about the audi AC was that at highway speeds (70-100mph) there was ALOT of air flowing into the cabin, due to the speed of the car - which in turn increased the noise level in the cabin. only solution to that "issue" was turning on the RECIRCULATION function to prevent the cabin from being flooded with out air.

the BMW does NOT appear to have such issues - the AC system is much better designed.

on the A4 it also used to take FOREVER to cool the cabin down - by the time it was getting cool, i was sweating wet. SouthWest Florida ... even today it was ~84*F as a high.

the BMW cools the car down in next to nothing - maybe about a minute for when it usually took about 3-4 .. maybe even 5 minutes.

this amazes me everyday over & over - GOOD JOB BMW!

ps: i also use the auto recirculate function, and it seems to work flawless - you tent to miss/not realize how well something works, untill you don't have it. i don't believe i have smelled diesel fumes and or any other kind of poluted air yet in the past month.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Senior Members

Yeah, the AC was great in my car today too. Our high temp was 44f (7c) and it had no problem cooling me down.

Just kidding but I had to do it. Not many are worried about AC right now (I grew up in south fla myself). I'm more worried about how my snow tires will handle with the thought of white stuff in the coming weeks now that I live north.

So far, the AC has done well for me too. I just haven't figured out (or needed to) how to adjust up/down/lower vent outlet strengths. I guess it's in the idrive under climate and vent settings....
Old 12-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Senior Members

my a/c smells Dealer wont fix it cause its not covered under warrenty
Old 12-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

weird ... i don't see how they won't fix it ... thats ass. go to a different dealer?!
Old 12-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Originally Posted by zippers525' date='Dec 10 2004, 09:40 AM
[snapback]67292[/snapback]
My A/C started given a moldy smell a month after I picked up my baby. It was pretty embarrassing when you have friends sitting in the car when you started it. So, I sent it in to the distributor here in Singapore and it taken them 3 days to fix the problem. Well, I had a few other issues as well they were also doing the software upgrade.

I'm off in a couple of hours to pick my baby up....Hope all's well.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Senior Members

I know if i take it to another deler in palm beach they will fix it for free. My dad bought his car there and they will do him favors. Beside there is something wrong with the A/c unit. Its not envoirmental. Thats an excuse.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by zippers525' date='Dec 9 2004, 08:39 PM
I know if i take it to another deler in palm beach they will fix it for free. My dad bought his car there and they will do him favors. Beside there is something wrong with the A/c unit. Its not envoirmental. Thats an excuse.
[snapback]67323[/snapback]
Give them the attachment below just incase they are clueless.
Attached Files
Old 12-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Dec 9 2004, 08:19 PM
ps: i also use the auto recirculate function, and it seems to work flawless - you tent to miss/not realize how well something works, untill you don't have it. i don't believe i have smelled diesel fumes and or any other kind of poluted air yet in the past month.
[snapback]67284[/snapback]
I agree 100% When I'm in other cars now and am behind a truck or bus, it's amazing how much I smell the diesel fumes. It's kind of like the old days when everyone smoked indoors (office buildings, public places, etc.) You didn't notice how bad the smoke smelled until they started making it illegal to smoke in public places. Nowadays, when someone is smoking outside twenty feet away, I can smell it!
Old 12-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Senior Members

THey showed my the bulliten too. At the bottom it says something about it not being cover under warrenty.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zippers525' date='Dec 9 2004, 03:40 PM
[snapback]67292[/snapback]
most of the dealers will do it for the first time free of charge but you have to pay for it after.

Quick Reply: BMW AC system