E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW 545i Countdown

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Gentlemen, Good Evening.

Nice to be back after extented holidays.
After waiting 4 months, and sorting out some dealer run-around with my car...
I will be be handing over in less than 12 hours my E46 328i and taking delivery
of the 545i ....tomorrow more pics!!

For now, pic of the car that has served me for the last 5 years...and the one that will create a new supremacy in my driving experience!!
Attached Thumbnails BMW 545i Countdown-328i_1.jpg   BMW 545i Countdown-545i_1a.jpg  
Old 10-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Senior Members

Lookin' good!
Old 10-14-2004, 12:32 PM
Contributors

Request an input on the following...

TIA

Andy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
545i_grill.pdf (314.9 KB, 159 views)
Old 10-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Oct 14 2004, 11:32 PM
Request an input on the following...

TIA

Andy.
[snapback]44816[/snapback]
I am glad you are closer and closer to your black beauty. Your car looks fantastic...
Old 10-14-2004, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I remember some older posts abouth those, but I though it some thing only on the diesels. Obviously my memory is not too good! I know I don't have them on my US spec 545. Anyway congrats on finally getting the car. I assume everything has been resolved everything with your dealer concerning the excessive miles put on the car before delivery.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 14 2004, 10:43 PM
I remember some older posts abouth those, but I though it some thing only on the diesels.? Obviously my memory is not too good!? I know I don't have them on my US spec 545.? Anyway congrats on finally getting the car.? I assume everything has been resolved everything with your dealer concerning the excessive miles put on the car before delivery.
[snapback]44822[/snapback]

Yeah...spoke to the chief mechanic, he confirmed the test driving for the wheels and tyres..the sales director apologised for bad internal communication...and
hopefully they will throw in something for the deal.

Anyway, at the end, my will to have the car superseded any uncomfortable feelings...I'm not going to let some clowns outclass my experience with my 545i..
Old 10-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

WHOOOOOHHOOOOOOO.... Andreas call my after your first drive.. I want to hear your enthusiasm

Man, I am so happy for you.. You're getting what you've wanted for such a long time!!!

I've heard Iceman's V8 rev in real life.. And I almost got sexual arroused with the sound.. mmmmmhhh.. you'll be so happy!!

Have a lot of save km's with your new car and Maria at the passenger seat (maybe you'll let her drive once in a while ) Marie-Jeanne has not driven my car yet

She's so scared she's gonna damage it...

Anyway.. We'll call soon and tell me all about it!!
Old 10-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Btw.. I have the flaps too.. must be a cold country thing..
Old 10-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Oct 14 2004, 10:52 PM
WHOOOOOHHOOOOOOO.... Andreas call my after your first drive.. I want to hear your enthusiasm? ? ?

Man, I am so happy for you.. You're getting what you've wanted for such a long time!!!

I've heard Iceman's V8 rev in real life.. And I almost got sexual arroused with the sound.. mmmmmhhh.. you'll be so happy!!?

Have a lot of save km's with your new car and Maria at the passenger seat? (maybe you'll let her drive once in a while? ? ) Marie-Jeanne has not driven my car yet?

She's so scared she's gonna damage it...

Anyway.. We'll call soon and tell me all about it!!

Thanks, buddy!!
Man, can't wait to hear that sound either.
BTW, Maria was already intimidated by the 328i - I doubt if she will want to go up
against a V8. Most powerful thing she has driven is a Citroen ZX 1.4 ...

Get prepared for a Delft visit!!!

PS. Arranged the insurance with BMW Top Cover...no problems. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:13 PM
Contributors

You know you and Maria are always welcome over here..

I'm glad you made the right decision on the insurance with BMW Top Cover..

You really, really have to call me when you get your car aaaaarrghh.. I envy you soooo much... brrrrr... V8 Come to Delft!!!

Quick Reply: BMW 545i Countdown