E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW 530D E60 2004, Help for Styling

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012 | 01:15 PM
Members

Hello to all nice to be around here I watched a lot of topics few days earlier just not registred now that I finally got my car I want to join to your forum guys.
I do not know much things about those cars but I hope you people help me on this, And I am sorry if some things do not understand just ask me and I try to explain, I am not an American or English is not my primary language.

Few things I want to do for start:
Xenon (Already have but they are weak, like not fully working I heard they go by time I mean weak, weaker and you must replace, I would like to know whats the best one's to get I think I do not need to get NEW PAIR of XENON but just Bulbs, anyway I am asking so hope I get an response)
Angel Eyes (This is seperate from Xenon right? If Yes please somebody tell me which are the best ones to get)
Halogens (I do not know how to write it fully in English but maybe most of you understand, I want them to look white like Xenon so anyone also help me on this, I AM ALWAYS looking for the best ones.)
Interior Lights (I've seen 2-3 pairs from different sellers of Interior lights like 15-20pcs small lights and to replace with the normally one, please also give me a good link of this)
Tail-lights (I want them like M5, Tell me if I am right I've seen some on eBay they go for $200-$300, If those are right I would appriciate your help guys)

I also just took my car to workshop to fix some small scratches and give it a "shiny" look (I do not know the exact word in english for make it more SHINY but I think all will understand)

Again Sorry if not understood something, just tell me which part and I try to explain.
Also I will post few photos in the next days as soon as I get it from workshop.
Old 02-20-2012 | 02:19 PM
Members

My Ride: F07 GT 535D M Sport & E60 530D M Sport

Originally Posted by Besart530d
Hello to all nice to be around here I watched a lot of topics few days earlier just not registred now that I finally got my car I want to join to your forum guys.
I do not know much things about those cars but I hope you people help me on this, And I am sorry if some things do not understand just ask me and I try to explain, I am not an American or English is not my primary language.

Few things I want to do for start:
Xenon (Already have but they are weak, like not fully working I heard they go by time I mean weak, weaker and you must replace, I would like to know whats the best one's to get I think I do not need to get NEW PAIR of XENON but just Bulbs, anyway I am asking so hope I get an response)
Angel Eyes (This is seperate from Xenon right? If Yes please somebody tell me which are the best ones to get)
Halogens (I do not know how to write it fully in English but maybe most of you understand, I want them to look white like Xenon so anyone also help me on this, I AM ALWAYS looking for the best ones.)
Interior Lights (I've seen 2-3 pairs from different sellers of Interior lights like 15-20pcs small lights and to replace with the normally one, please also give me a good link of this)
Tail-lights (I want them like M5, Tell me if I am right I've seen some on eBay they go for $200-$300, If those are right I would appriciate your help guys)

I also just took my car to workshop to fix some small scratches and give it a "shiny" look (I do not know the exact word in english for make it more SHINY but I think all will understand)

Again Sorry if not understood something, just tell me which part and I try to explain.
Also I will post few photos in the next days as soon as I get it from workshop.

Hi Besart and welcome to the forum, Dont worry about your english, it's OK, i can understand you and what you are trying to say. There are pleanty of people from other country's on hear.

Where do we start

Side Lights (Angel Eye's), if your bulbs are the w5w small bulbs then you want the LED error free bulbs, i got mine from ebay, they are very bright

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2906484568...84.m1423.l2649

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interior Lights, I replaced all my interior bulbs with the items below, again from ebay. i got this as they were a little shorter then the ones above

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/501-LED-Si...item256b8f848a

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tail-lights, I got them also from ebay, they are a direct fitment and error free so plug in and play.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E60-5-...item4aa6bcb820

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rear Number Plate Bulbs, i replaced mine with a LED bulb to make the number plate brighter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Rear-L...item416151bd24

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xenon Bulbs: I fitted a HID kit in mine as i had the standered H7 bulbs and did not like the yellow glow. If you have Xenon bulbs all ready you could go for a much righter xenon bulb, also from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-100w-B...item3f1156c9a2

You dont say what your car is, i am presuming it's a e60, I also have an e60 530D M Sport, there are some problems you will need to deal with other wise you will have some big problems if they go wrong

Swirl Flaps, they are inside the inlet manifold, if they break of they will be sucked in to the engine and cause lots of damage, they need to be removed at some point.

Change the oil at regular intervals, say every 5/6k, it dose the car good to do this

there are lots of other things you can do to the car, you just need to do some resurch to find the partsbut i will always try and help

I hope you understand all of this and we can chat again soon

Steve
Old 02-20-2012 | 03:31 PM
Members

Hello, thank you for your help but I wrote in start topic car is E60 2004 530D, but that is no problem. To be honest you tried to help me but you could not maybe just 1 or 2 things..

First I want angel eyes and I see when I click on link put me some thing 7-8GBP, that is not what I am looking i see in here few sell for $50-$100 MAX but some great quality and wanted to know which better.

Interior lights are the same ones like interior but 2-3 sellers here sell some with 17-18PCS included and make the car more brigther inside with a white light set $20-$50 I think but I want to know which one is better..

tail lights - I like them but not exactly the one I am looking, I am looking for 1 more specific that has more brighter lights? (http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/att...mw5series3.jpg)

Rear number plate bulbs, I already have a pair of white but replacement should be no problem.

Xenon Bulbs: So all I need is to change the bulb? I just want one that looks more better but I think I need to know the exact model, OK I will find that and let few of you know who wants to help me.

Also for this other things you told me I do not understand but I have Service friend and he maintain everything I just want the "look part" to be more better, machine and other things he takes care.

P.S: IN UK I do not know how to get but in USA would be easier since I have friend and he could re-direct shipments to me, Please friends who bought from sellers in forum and that sell please if have time to answer to those question i would highly appriciate and give me a link to the seller thread so I purchase from him

Thank you again Steve for your help but not everything was understood from your part. Hope you understand more now.