E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 05:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBUCRUZ' post='420069' date='May 1 2007, 10:42 PM
Try going to New Century BMW in Alhambra. If your not Chinese, they don't think twice about you.
Whatta?? you mean this is a racist dealership that is so funny, first time I hear about one... You mean like going to a Ford dealership in Texas and they won't give you a good deal on a F-150 cause you don't look like a redneck?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by uglybear' post='420092' date='May 2 2007, 01:23 AM
Actually, it would be interesting to post a poll and see if people are happy with BMW dealership and with BMW NA in general.
True true, but happy is such a relative term. On the other hand, what services does your dealership provide to you (while finding out whether you bought the car there or not) would give even more insight.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='420141' date='May 2 2007, 04:12 AM
For bmw blind lovers:
bmwusa told me that I should have bought my E60 after good research if I am going thru such issues
The doctor is single and had one X5 that burned into flames soon after he parked down under another's condo and went upstairs to his condo
Some people on this site and outside love blindly no matter what. Love is blind? come out of your..... and have open minded thoughts
I expect and is my right to have courteous and good service for the AMOUNT I PAID for this top luxury car. period.
People do not get loaner cars and when they complain they get kia, Grand am ,Hyudai etc. as loaners, Is this right?
WAHHHAHAAHAHAAH. My BMW was too much!

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAH they are not treating me right.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='420141' date='May 2 2007, 05:12 AM
People do not get loaner cars and when they complain they get kia, Grand am ,Hyudai etc. as loaners, Is this right?
My SA knows that I always require a loaner. I've never been given any other than a BMW, last one was a 330CI
Old 05-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

My dealer brings the bmw loaner to me (home or office) and takes my car away for service.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='419915' date='May 1 2007, 04:27 PM
BMW-DON'T CARE? / JUST BUY BMW and DO NOT BOTHER .... Frustration
No loaner cars, No good or minor service unless U buy from the same dealer- BIG DEAL- People move / get good deals in other cities.
BMW owners circle is a crap (No updates, brochures, old info, not useful, my car is still with dealer per OC)
ACC : annoying- cannot change the distance between the cars except 4 lines( mine and car in front) or cannot switch to regular cruise . stuck with ACC ?
bmwusa customer service not friendly: I was told that I should buy the car after good research, incorrect info on my E60 tracking and status ...........
Sent me wrong brochures(M5 and 6 series) when I requested for ONLY 2008-E-60
One of the Chicago's doctor's X5 burned into flames(newer=demo + some miles ), got KIA-compact as a loaner, Having rough and tough time with BMW
BMW have no control on Dealers, why?
BMW site not updated yet- no big deal.
Will post more once I experience more in future........

Any suggestions / tel.#s / email address / Bldg. address to report such problems
Have MDX - did not have such problems
Auto Companies have pros /cons, but they should provide and control the dealers atleast for basic features.
First of all, let me say that I had difficulty reading your post. You do realize that there is no limit on characters you can type (like in text messaging). But I digress!!

Secondly, could it be possible that your attitude/demeaner is driving the dealer and BMWNA to treat you indifferently?? No CS rep likes to talk to a rude customer, and most will just treat you with indifference if you are rude or yell. recently cobradav had posted on how to react to these types of situations.

Thirdly, my experiences with both BMWNA and two dealers have been exactly opposite from your experience. On one occasion, BMW NA compensated my for keeping my car for 3 1/2 weeks. The dealer in turn doubled the compensation. On another occasion, BMWNA listened and followed up on my complaint on what a tow truck driver did to my car. Finally, I have been currently taking my car to a dealer different from where I bought the car originally. They have been nothing but nice to me and given my a loaner of my choice (most of the time I get an X3) even though I did not buy the car from them.

Neeless to say, there are bad apples out there, but complaining in a professional manner will always tend to get you better service.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

There's no point of giving me a nice loaner car if I don't like my car in the first place.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='420206' date='May 2 2007, 10:30 AM
First of all, let me say that I had difficulty reading your post. You do realize that there is no limit on characters you can type (like in text messaging). But I digress!!

Secondly, could it be possible that your attitude/demeaner is driving the dealer and BMWNA to treat you indifferently?? No CS rep likes to talk to a rude customer, and most will just treat you with indifference if you are rude or yell. recently cobradav had posted on how to react to these types of situations.

Thirdly, my experiences with both BMWNA and two dealers have been exactly opposite from your experience. On one occasion, BMW NA compensated my for keeping my car for 3 1/2 weeks. The dealer in turn doubled the compensation. On another occasion, BMWNA listened and followed up on my complaint on what a tow truck driver did to my car. Finally, I have been currently taking my car to a dealer different from where I bought the car originally. They have been nothing but nice to me and given my a loaner of my choice (most of the time I get an X3) even though I did not buy the car from them.

Neeless to say, there are bad apples out there, but complaining in a professional manner will always tend to get you better service.
Mr Straw, I think you have hit the nail on the head - and your post about the difficulty in reading (and I might add, comprehending) the original post is not a digression but core to the issue.

This poster/customer sounds very rude (based on his post) and is likely to get very poor treatment as people do not like being treated shabbily. (Come to think of it, he is treating us shabbily by posting in this manner.)

Do you recall when cobradav made the post you reference? I don't recall seeing it.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='420210' date='May 2 2007, 09:46 AM
Mr Straw, I think you have hit the nail on the head - and your post about the difficulty in reading (and I might add, comprehending) the original post is not a digression but core to the issue.

This poster/customer sounds very rude (based on his post) and is likely to get very poor treatment as people do not like being treated shabbily. (Come to think of it, he is treating us shabbily by posting in this manner.)

Do you recall when cobradav made the post you reference? I don't recall seeing it.
here you go...
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry419917
Old 05-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Senior Members

When I bought my E60 the dealer said that when I bring my car in for service/warranty work they will give me a loan car. They didn't say they would give me a BMW for a loaner, they said free loan car. While it is nice when I do get a BMW, I am happy just to get a free loaner. If someone is not happy with the loaner they are receiving, "just say no." Is it that important to be seen in or drive a BMW as a loaner?

Quick Reply: BMW