E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW 2006 525i...Any thoughts??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everybody, .
Basically I would just like to know what you all think about the car and if you all think I am making a good choice.
The car is a 2006 bmw 525i and I ordered it with the navigation package, sport package, premium package, sport seats, harmon kardon sound system, adaptive headlights, active steering and the color is silver gray on auburn and it's a six speed manuel transmission...
As you can tell I love to have my cars loaded up.
Now basically if anyone can share their thoughts in regards to this car and the overall drive of it , it would be greatly appreciated.
The car will only be delivered in december because it is impossible to find one loaded up the way I want it in all of Canada and so it's leaving me with alot of time on my hands to think about the other choices out there and if I made the right decision.
Now don't get me wrong I test drove the car and the drive was pretty quick and the handling was what really blew me away. It was phenomenal.
But any of your thoughts would be great.
One thing that concerns me a little is if the speed will be enough? My last car was a volvo s60 t5 and before that I had a volvo c70.
This will be my first BMW.
I have the option of taking the 2006 bmw 330i as well so....
Thankx and hope to hear some feedback soon.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, sport, premium, nav, active cruise, shades

I have the same car,with the exception of the active headlights and the manual transmission. I love everything about the except for a few items. Maybe this will help you in your decision. I wish I had got the xenon lights, so you're doing the right thing there. I perfer the manual tranny, although right now I'm having some concerns with the shifting. If I had it to go over again, I would keep looking for the right deal on the 530i as I wish I had more power. The car is quick and still fun to drive and the handling is unreal, but the power is lacking. In other words the power does not fit the handling, I would suspect the 545i is perfect in terms of this. Best of luck with your decision and keep me on your email list if you want to get some input on the car as mine is brand new and I might be able to help you on some opinions on the car. One more note, the sport package is a must in my opinion, the active roll stabilization is just awsome, I am very glad I went this way. I also got the active cruise control, ridiculously expensive option but I have found this to be one of the highlights of the car....it is really nice not to have tickle the brakes and accelerater constantly in highway traffic.....I like it!
Old 09-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

I have the 525i now (a 2004) and it has plenty of "get up and go". I think you've made a great decision. The 530 and 550 are better because of the speed, but that's just money there.

I'd stay with the 525. I would personally go with an automatic though. A manual will hurt resale value if the car is not a 550.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Members

Well thank you for the reply...
First of all the car will be leased so the manuel transmission doesn't affect me in terms of resale value.
I looked into a 530i as well and even though the price difference is only about
7000$ (loaded the same way my 525i is loaded) the lease price is much much higher i will have to put an extra 2000$ down on top of what i'm putting already and the monthly payment difference on a 36 month lease is 267$ more a month. Which is alot of money... So ya I would love to get the 530i but it's out of my budget right now :-( ...
You had said that you don't have xenon lights... That's weird because here in Canada they come standard on the car, the adaptive headlights are an option.
Anyhow i really hope I will be satisfied with the speed. I mean I'm not the type of driver that drives at high speeds, I just like to be able to put myself on the right lane and cut everyone off...lololol... Once in a while at least...
And now the new 2006 525i have a better engine then the older versions.. SO hopefully thats a + .....
If anyone can give me some input on the speed and how the car drives on the highway that would be great. I've only driven it in the city...
Thank you guys very much...
Old 09-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i

Welcome, and rest assured that you made a great purchase. Coming from the Volvos you will like your new car's power and you will LOVE the handling.

Great color choice. I'm very happy with my silver-grey. Lots of compliments, and it's always clean.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Members

Fullspeed thanx alot for your input...
Actually i'm happy you say the color is great because that was one of my fears as well... If i made the right choice.
i was hesitating between the darker gray or white...
Old 09-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i

Originally Posted by youyou' date='Sep 17 2005, 11:39 PM
Fullspeed thanx alot for your input...
Actually i'm happy you say the color is great because that was one of my fears as well... If i made the right choice.
i was hesitating between the darker gray or white...
[snapback]171886[/snapback]
I don't have anything against titanium-grey or white, but was hooked when I saw my silver-grey...
Attached Thumbnails BMW 2006 525i...Any thoughts??-silvergrey.jpg  
Old 09-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Senior Members

Welcome! I too have a 525i and I love it. I'm not a speed demon, but I do wish I had the extra power inside the hood when I need it. But overall the car is great, and judging from what you told us about not using too much speed I think you will be alright. Post some pics of your ride when you get it.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2002 325i - SOLD 2006 525i - PCD in August '05 1999 CVPI - My work car

I went through the same decision with the 530i being just out of my price range. I got the 525i in my sig and I love it! You will not be dissapointed! The 530i obviously offers more power, but the 525i is not underpowered in my opinion!
Old 09-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Contributors

Same situation...I ordered the 525i with premium, weather, sport package and adaptive head lights.

Can not wait for it..

Quick Reply: BMW 2006 525i...Any thoughts??