E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Bluetooth/SAT Radio/iPod

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: It's my wifes....2004 Tit. Silver 525i, Nav, Sport, Cold Weather, 6sp auto, Premium Pkg

Hello Everyone!

My wife just traded in her Porsche for a 2004 525i, and I need to get some information, since my Dealer does not seem to have an idea of what to do. The car was built December 10, 2003.

BTW this is my first Post!

She is interested in getting Bluetooth Sat Radio and iPod integration, and I know that this subject has been exhausted in the Forums. But I am still a bit confused.

She has the following options:

6UA-Preparation CCC (Not sure what this is)
605-Telematics Prep
609-Navigation w/voice command
639-Complete Prep, Cellular Phone USA
694-Preparation for CD Changer

So what are my options? I read on a post that Sirius Radio Antennas are already in the Fin, is this true? With the CD Changer Prep, can the ipod plug directly into it? With the Cell Phone Prep, is there an easy solution?

Comments, Products and Solutions welcomed!

Thank you!

JB
Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth/SAT Radio/iPod-bmw_525i.jpg  
Old 01-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Welcome Bubby. Although I can't be 100% sure, I'm guessing you're in the United States. Please add your location to your profile to make it easier for you to get answers to your questions. (Many answers are dependent on location.)

Your car is a relatively early build but with current software, you shouldn't have too much trouble with things. As far as getting Sirius, the easiest way to do it is if the car has the satellite radio prep option. (It was a $75 option back when your car was built.) If you don't have the prep, it's a bit more complicated but some people on the forums have gotten it done via a few different approaches.

On the iPod front, you should be able to get the MOST bus iPod adapter installed where the CD changer wiring is.

On the Bluetooth front, you can either get a new TCU installed (if a newer one wasn't already installed as part of a earlier service -- often times the older TCU's would crash and die during a software update) which can be costly for the part, or you might be able to go the BTUM (bluetooth upgrade module) route and use the wiring for the now obsolete CPT-9000 (hard-wired) phone. You might need to get a cradle and eject box installed and sometimes those parts are hard to come by but then again, you might be able to find one.

I'm sure others will chime in with additional information (or to correct me if I am wrong with anything above -- I lost track of many of these details over the years! )

Good luck and again, welcome to the best E60 forum on the net!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Bluetooth can be added on e60's built after March 04. Antenna for Sirius would require a hockey puck antenna on the trunk.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Members

My Ride: It's my wifes....2004 Tit. Silver 525i, Nav, Sport, Cold Weather, 6sp auto, Premium Pkg

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='518416' date='Jan 15 2008, 06:40 PM
Welcome Bubby. Although I can't be 100% sure, I'm guessing you're in the United States. Please add your location to your profile to make it easier for you to get answers to your questions. (Many answers are dependent on location.)

Your car is a relatively early build but with current software, you shouldn't have too much trouble with things. As far as getting Sirius, the easiest way to do it is if the car has the satellite radio prep option. (It was a $75 option back when your car was built.) If you don't have the prep, it's a bit more complicated but some people on the forums have gotten it done via a few different approaches.

On the iPod front, you should be able to get the MOST bus iPod adapter installed where the CD changer wiring is.

On the Bluetooth front, you can either get a new TCU installed (if a newer one wasn't already installed as part of a earlier service -- often times the older TCU's would crash and die during a software update) which can be costly for the part, or you might be able to go the BTUM (bluetooth upgrade module) route and use the wiring for the now obsolete CPT-9000 (hard-wired) phone. You might need to get a cradle and eject box installed and sometimes those parts are hard to come by but then again, you might be able to find one.

I'm sure others will chime in with additional information (or to correct me if I am wrong with anything above -- I lost track of many of these details over the years! )

Good luck and again, welcome to the best E60 forum on the net!

Thank you! It didn't come with the Prep, for the Sat. I got the service record, and it did not show that the TCU was replaced. If I got it replaced, it would cost close to $2000, that is a little steep. So how do I get a MOST bus for the ipod?

Thanks!