E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Bleeder nipple issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Sapphire Black 07 530i non-sport 7000k Angel Eyes 6000k HID Xenon adaptive turn Head lamps and Fogs, Clear LED Turn Signals front/back and side markers. Clear bright license plate lamp. Full interior lighting upgrade. Coding: daytime angel eyes, auto windows up, and digital speedometer. (Thanks to John at Motorcepts.com) OEM Tinted LCI Tail lights (Thanks to David at http://www.luxmotorwerks.com Oem Mtec rear bumper with diffuser and M5trunk finisher Debadged! The best paint work! (Thanks to Desimone BMW) 20x8.5 +18 20x10 +25 Concept One RS-8 Black Machined Chrome Lip V6.1 cables (Thanks to Bruce Miranda) Nitto Invo tires 285x30 R20 - 245x35 R20 Discounttire.com Vac Motorsports ecu chip upgrade, and fender roll http://vacmotorsports.com/ wish list: Rieger Front bumper Hamann side skirts Custom quad exhaust Rpi Ram air intake scoop M5 SMG shift knob KW Variant 3 suspension Brembo Big Brake kit LCI Heads Tints BMW M5
Default Bleeder nipple issues

I'm having another. right is tight, left is loose question.

I'm currently upgrading my brakes, and polishing the calipers using a grinder and dremel tool.

They are looking pretty nice, once all the rust and gunk is off them I will start painting.

ok here is the question mechanics will think I'm stupid for asking.

I am trying to loosen the bleeder nipple on the front driver(left) side and its starting to strip.

I had no problem with the front right side, but now I'm thinking I've been pulling it the wrong way.

I've tried a little pb blaster and even some candle wax and heat but no luck.

Can someone explain to confused mind which way do I turn the damn thing?

I was thinking from my perspective, I should turn to the right to loosen, caliper still being on the mount of course, because the nipple is in the rear of the caliper so I am so confused. I now have no idea what is top or bottom.

can anybody explain this to me or better yet have a video demonstration.

TIA
Old 04-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Members

My Ride: Sapphire Black 07 530i non-sport 7000k Angel Eyes 6000k HID Xenon adaptive turn Head lamps and Fogs, Clear LED Turn Signals front/back and side markers. Clear bright license plate lamp. Full interior lighting upgrade. Coding: daytime angel eyes, auto windows up, and digital speedometer. (Thanks to John at Motorcepts.com) OEM Tinted LCI Tail lights (Thanks to David at http://www.luxmotorwerks.com Oem Mtec rear bumper with diffuser and M5trunk finisher Debadged! The best paint work! (Thanks to Desimone BMW) 20x8.5 +18 20x10 +25 Concept One RS-8 Black Machined Chrome Lip V6.1 cables (Thanks to Bruce Miranda) Nitto Invo tires 285x30 R20 - 245x35 R20 Discounttire.com Vac Motorsports ecu chip upgrade, and fender roll http://vacmotorsports.com/ wish list: Rieger Front bumper Hamann side skirts Custom quad exhaust Rpi Ram air intake scoop M5 SMG shift knob KW Variant 3 suspension Brembo Big Brake kit LCI Heads Tints BMW M5

Never mind...I've got it!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by bimmer5project
never mind...i've got it!
lol
Old 04-30-2014, 01:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I know we all have that moment once in a while. It can be confusing when you are upside down or in an awkward position. Often, I just reset my brain with a ratchet then I know for sure I am not disoriented.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I know we all have that moment once in a while. It can be confusing when you are upside down or in an awkward position. Often, I just reset my brain with a ratchet then I know for sure I am not disoriented.
i also had to reset my brain with a rachet and it worked. doh!