E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Stone Oil Analysis

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My SA was nice enough to provide me with a sample of my oil at the last oil change...sent it to BlackStone Laboratories and this is the report I got:
Black Stone Oil Analysis-bmw-m3-black-stone-report-1.jpg

-Krozi
Old 03-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

I've always wondered about these - so what does it tell you? I mean I see the ranges and you look to be within them in most cases. But whats the most important factor or things to look for?
Old 03-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by bha7176
I've always wondered about these - so what does it tell you? I mean I see the ranges and you look to be within them in most cases. But whats the most important factor or things to look for?
I am not 100% sure myself but it's interesting to see what your engine is doing

I guess the metals to worry about would be excessive aluminum, or iron, or major metals like that... it also tells you if you have water, fuel, coolant, or any other crap in the oil that doesn't belong...so you can bring it to the dealer's attention BEFORE it becomes a major problem..the little personalized paragraph is nice, and just sums up any issues, concerns, or questions... and it only costs 22.50 which includes the oil sample kit
Old 03-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Not to sound too paranoid but in this day and age I would black out you name, address and e-mail address on the form and upload it again!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Not to sound too paranoid but in this day and age I would black out you name, address and e-mail address on the form and upload it again!

Too late, I've already save it and I know where you live now Marc

But wait, you were discussing pistols with me via PM a few weeks ago weren't you. So I guess we're both covered.

In all seriousness, I agree man - black that shit out!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Fixed Haha thanks man

Originally Posted by bha7176
Too late, I've already save it and I know where you live now Marc

But wait, you were discussing pistols with me via PM a few weeks ago weren't you. So I guess we're both covered.

In all seriousness, I agree man - black that shit out!
Hahaha done and done
Old 03-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Members

that is very cool!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Yup because that's what most of your internals are made out of. How old is your M3? I'm guessing it's fairly new? It could be left over aluminum from the first oil change.

Originally Posted by Krozi
I guess the metals to worry about would be excessive aluminum, or iron, or major metals like that...
Old 03-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I got your info man. You are so done. I am going to order so many pizza's to your house...
Old 03-31-2010, 05:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Yup because that's what most of your internals are made out of. How old is your M3? I'm guessing it's fairly new? It could be left over aluminum from the first oil change.
I got about 20k miles on the car...first oil change was at 1200, then at 15,000, then I got tr car with 17,800 miles, and it got anothe oil change, then I did another oil change at 20k.

Maybe this is proof that BMWs 15k oil changes are...crazy

Quick Reply: Black Stone Oil Analysis