E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black black black black...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M Sport Sedan / Silver Grey

Hi guys,

I have just been having a slack Friday arvo and have been doing unproductive things like watching you tube video's and checking out car forum's and i have noticed that blacking out nearly every part of a car (E60's included) seems to be incredibly popular these days. I dont get it because IMO it detracts from the beauty of the car, the lines become blurred and the form is lost. You see the most beautiful wheels blacked out, lips and all so you are hard pressed to idenitfy even the wheel pattern, in fact they just seem to look like one big tyre.
Is it driven by a boy hood dream of driving KIT from Knight Rider........

PS This is not intended to upset anyone and yes i know it is simply a matter of opinion however i thought i would ask for a few
Old 05-02-2008, 04:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535i 6-speed
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by MatyB' post='572825' date='May 2 2008, 12:47 AM
Hi guys,Is it driven by a boy hood dream of driving KIT from Knight Rider........
On that subject...I remember KIT was a Pontiac Firebird or Trans Am or something. Recently, I saw an advertisment for either a new Kight Rider movie or TV show and KIT was some kind of Ford Mustang. I thought that was kinda strange...the move from a GM product to a Ford product...

Plus...you would think that once you had a car that could talk (KIT), that it would be easier to teach the same kind of car to talk...for the new movie. I mean now they have to teach a Ford to talk....good luck with that!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

I love the look of a "blacked out" BMW...

If it is done right there is nothing better IMO...

There are some very classy looking stealth machines on this board... I especially like ImSortOfABigDeal's... Nice rims, sick spoiler...

Mean looking
Old 05-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Members

Black+carbon fiber+aluminium=sporty , chrome+wood=gentlemenly IMHO
Old 05-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='572919' date='May 2 2008, 06:31 AM

There are some very classy looking stealth machines on this board... I especially like ImSortOfABigDeal's... Nice rims, sick spoiler...

Mean looking
thanks man!

Yeah i agree "blacked out" isn't for everyone, i think it looks good if done right... but to each his own...
Old 05-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='572919' date='May 2 2008, 06:31 AM

Mean looking
+1
Old 05-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Members

Well, when you're looking at photos......it's hard on an all black car to not look like it's all blurring together...but in person....it's sweet.....
Attached Thumbnails Black black black black...........-m5.jpg  
Old 05-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

very nice e60 man
Old 05-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MatyB' post='572825' date='May 2 2008, 12:47 AM
Hi guys,

I have just been having a slack Friday arvo and have been doing unproductive things like watching you tube video's and checking out car forum's and i have noticed that blacking out nearly every part of a car (E60's included) seems to be incredibly popular these days. I dont get it because IMO it detracts from the beauty of the car, the lines become blurred and the form is lost. You see the most beautiful wheels blacked out, lips and all so you are hard pressed to idenitfy even the wheel pattern, in fact they just seem to look like one big tyre.
Is it driven by a boy hood dream of driving KIT from Knight Rider........

PS This is not intended to upset anyone and yes i know it is simply a matter of opinion however i thought i would ask for a few
I must say I agree in parts. Adding a little sporty darker look with window tint or similar is pretty cool but I have also noticed a tendency of people going completely overboard with the blcking out (in my opinion).
Old 05-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

"You can never make your car TOO black or too fast" - Flyingpuck

Quick Reply: Black black black black...........