E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Birth of a 530i

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Wow, I'm really excited. I just checked owners' circle info and it said that my 530 is officially born, and 'Awaiting Transport', in this case awaiting pick-up at Freimann!

It's right on time just like they said it would be, and now it has to sit somewhere and get rained on or dusty. How do I know that the car isn't being driven all over town by some yahoo, and that they don't just connect up the odo just before I arrive!!!!

Why can't they just make the car freshly assembled on the day before you arrive, now that would be amazing. (and I hope they put in a lot of the 'new-car-smell')

It is a great feeling to be able to monitor your own car through the process, now we just gotta get them to set up web cams for the line, and then for the parking place where the car sits until pick-up!
Old 05-09-2004, 01:15 PM
stu
Members

Auburn Dakota... lots of critics - but you will love it - a great choice!
Old 05-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Members

Congratulations !!! .. know what you mean with this "How do I know that the car isn't being driven all over town by some yahoo"... I always have this same feeling.. but bellive me, it?s FAR worse when you take him to the service ...
About the Auburn dakota... love them ! altough I?m getting the black, which is the only seats I like more then those !..
Old 05-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Senior Members

yes, I really like the 2-toned leather interior with auburn dakota. I realise that many would not like it, but then many don't understand BMW and also many don't understand their new design language.

I like the idea of having a different set of colours from all the rest, though the all black interior is temptingly straightforward and understated and simple. (my second choice).

I'd like the auburn even more if it were a bit more reddish, instead of brownish that it is. And would be very interested in the "BMW Individual" colour options for interior as well as exterior but they won't offer them in the US.

thanks for the comments, I need all the help with the wait 'til mid-June at this point......
Old 05-10-2004, 01:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='May 9 2004, 08:23 PM
yes, I really like the 2-toned leather interior with auburn dakota. I realise that many would not like it, but then many don't understand BMW and also many don't understand their new design language.
Hey gdavis - Do not take this offensive but what are you trying to say here? That people do not understand BMW if they do not like the auburn leather? How can you say that someone does not understand BMW's new design language when you are talking about something so subjectively as an interior color? If you like to color, fine, if not, then fine too!
Old 05-10-2004, 04:05 AM
Senior Members

no, sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone who might like a different interior colour, only that I like it and wanted to be different by choosing it. I know that nearly everyone on this forum likes BMW, hands down. (though controversy over their design has been a public relations event).

I once heard a great phrase from Latin; 'de gustibus non-disputondum est'. Which is supposed to mean- 'taste is not disputable'.

So, I respect your choice completely, I was just thinking out loud...