E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Bird view on NAV

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive

A while ago my gauges (don't know if this is the correct word for it, but i mean my rev en km/h meter) started to go up and down for no good reason. For some strange reason the refitted a COMPLETE new dashboard at the dealer and suddenly I had Birdview on my NAV system! They said I was probably the first person in Holland to have this feature, they hadn't seen it so far.
Now i'm wondering if every new e60 has this feature and how it is in other countries....
Old 09-27-2005, 03:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ralph-NL' date='Sep 27 2005, 03:59 AM
A while ago my gauges (don't know if this is the correct word for it, but i mean my rev en km/h meter) started to go up and down for no good reason. For some strange reason the refitted a COMPLETE new dashboard at the dealer and suddenly I had Birdview on my NAV system! They said I was probably the first person in Holland to have this feature, they hadn't seen it so far.
Now i'm wondering if every new e60 has this feature and how it is in other countries....
[snapback]175641[/snapback]

Probably a picture will be worth.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Is that the birdview that comes wiht CIP 18?
Old 09-27-2005, 03:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

If you have Pro-Nav then the birds-eye view was enabled in a recent software upgrade which you probably got when they fixed your car.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Just FYI, the forum has this useful feature called "Search".

Type in birdview and be amazed!

Originally Posted by Ralph-NL' date='Sep 27 2005, 05:59 AM
Old 09-27-2005, 05:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have birdview for 3 months now (after a s/w update..)
Old 09-27-2005, 05:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

any pics of so called birdview?
Old 09-27-2005, 05:43 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

This is the Perspective view ("birds eye view") from the owner's manual:
Attached Thumbnails Bird view on NAV-picture_1.jpg  
Old 09-27-2005, 05:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

oh ok. I've seen this, Perspective view, or 3D. I thought that birdsview is something else
Nice feature, but more cool looking than useful I would say.

Next CIP version will reflect current weather via sensor so in the winter you will get snow falling out of the clouds
Old 09-27-2005, 06:18 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='Sep 27 2005, 05:15 PM
Just FYI, the forum has this useful feature called "Search".?

Type in birdview and be amazed!?

[quote name='Ralph-NL' date='Sep 27 2005, 05:59 AM']A while ago my gauges (don't know if this is the correct word for it, but i mean my rev en km/h meter) started to go up and down for no good reason. For some strange reason the refitted a COMPLETE new dashboard at the dealer and suddenly I had Birdview on my NAV system! They said I was probably the first person in Holland to have this feature, they hadn't seen it so far.
[snapback]175697[/snapback]
[/quote]

The birdview that you have is on Business or professional NAV... please advice

Quick Reply: Bird view on NAV