E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Best Shop for Programming in Northern VA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

New 2006 550i owner and am working on a few mods but having some difficulty with programming at the dealership. I was wondering if anyone had some good recommendations for dealers in VA or independent shops with good programming capabilities. I'm trying to accomplish the following:

1) Activation of Dension Gateway 500 on CD Changer Port, dealer states that car already shows a CD Changer there (missing) and cannot "activate" it without it being there. The car has never had a changer but I did attempt activation with the Dension ODB Gen Tool, which was unsuccessful, I have a ticket open with Dension.

2) ISTA/P upgrade of all modules. The car has not been updated since being purchased (was owned by a family member previously). Dealer states that this could not be completed due to ISTA/P reporting a missing CD Changer.

3) Eventual Navigation Retrofit path, I want to do this once items 1 & 2 are complete. I have a CCC head unit and 8.8" display ready to go when I can get the above completed.

Any help, or input would be much appreciated!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Black e60 550i

I have'nt been to them yet but there is a place by me in Chantilly http://vikingautomotive.com/ that only works on Volvo and BMW. I purchased my car 07 550i at Advantaged Certified in Manassas and based off how well the purchase went and talking to others i would use them for ANYTHING... Let me know if you do find a place i'm looking to purchase PRI exhaust and want to go with someone good. If this help and or confuses I have used PBC automotive before for my Benz and they are fantastic with anything i have asked them to do. They are right next to Viking in Chantilly and a top notch shop.
Best of luck!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:46 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by spike5494
Hi Guys,

New 2006 550i owner and am working on a few mods but having some difficulty with programming at the dealership. I was wondering if anyone had some good recommendations for dealers in VA or independent shops with good programming capabilities. I'm trying to accomplish the following:

1) Activation of Dension Gateway 500 on CD Changer Port, dealer states that car already shows a CD Changer there (missing) and cannot "activate" it without it being there. The car has never had a changer but I did attempt activation with the Dension ODB Gen Tool, which was unsuccessful, I have a ticket open with Dension.

2) ISTA/P upgrade of all modules. The car has not been updated since being purchased (was owned by a family member previously). Dealer states that this could not be completed due to ISTA/P reporting a missing CD Changer.

3) Eventual Navigation Retrofit path, I want to do this once items 1 & 2 are complete. I have a CCC head unit and 8.8" display ready to go when I can get the above completed.

Any help, or input would be much appreciated!

Did this issue ever get resolved for you? I just installed the Dension GW500 in my 2004 530i using the installation type 3b (CDC Preperation) My car has the extra optical cable and power in the CD Changer compartment but was not originally equipped with the CD Changer. I have an appointment at BMW of Fairfax to get the software update tomorrow and it seems like they are going to do it for me. I am curious how your issue turned out in the event I need to go somewhere else in NOVA to get it done.