E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Because BMW Assist trial is over does BMW not call anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

I am going to get my new sticker tomorrow for my car (expired last month) and even though my car says BMW will contact you for service appointment they never did, then I saw on my screen that the service call wasn't made... I know a few months back when I needed an oil change I got a call because my car advised..... If that is the case that stinks, I thought that was very cool but I don't think it's $300 cool (isn't that what it costs for yearly subscription?)

Please advise
Old 06-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Why would you want BMW to call anyways? I dont... I'll take the car in when I feel like it.. Unless the car knows somthing that I dont and somthing else is broke and it doenst tell me but calls the dealer directly... I never once got a call from the dealer to tell me I'm due for service so Blah.

I say save the phone call save the man power and give me a better discount on the cars.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

The service calls are not part of BMW assist. It might be that the car isn't configured properly to make the calls, I suppose.

Does it show the proper expiration dates on things like inspection, etc.? If so, you should have the dealer check it out to see if there's a problem somewhere else.

My car places a service call exactly 30 days prior to any expiration date and my dealer calls me within a day or so to set up an appointment.

I never renewed my BMW Assist subscription past the first free year...
Old 06-06-2006, 04:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='293088' date='Jun 5 2006, 11:39 PM
The service calls are not part of BMW assist. It might be that the car isn't configured properly to make the calls, I suppose.

Does it show the proper expiration dates on things like inspection, etc.? If so, you should have the dealer check it out to see if there's a problem somewhere else.

My car places a service call exactly 30 days prior to any expiration date and my dealer calls me within a day or so to set up an appointment.

I never renewed my BMW Assist subscription past the first free year...
thank u I'll tell him.. Yes it does show the proper expiration date, it has been telling me that I need a sticker and then I go to one of the screens and it has said that it had trouble (or something like that) calling the dealer