E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

the BEAST has been BRUTALIZED! >:o

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Sorry to hear about your mishap considering you just got this car after your previous ride was totalled. I am glad that those idiots got caught.

I don't think vandalism would increase your premium considering you have a police report.

EDIT: typo
Old 02-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Damn that sucks. My car getting keyed in San Jose was the reason behind my new paint job. Glad to hear that the jerks were caught tho.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Contributors

People SUCK. Jealous motherfkers.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

You know, Chris, after what happened to me with this Bimmer, I've got only one thing to tell ya: sell the piece of shit before it starts to take over your life. All these cars are just bullshit - forget it! Start a family, if you don't have one yet. If you have a family, just go and be with them; mod your time with your close ones! This is not a grateful way to spend your time and money - modding Bimmers... buy a ten year old Honda that you'll never have to worry about, and live your life, man! Maybe this whole thing - vandalism in your case, engine failure in mine - is just a way to show us how meaningless all this crap is... you seem like a talented intelligent human being - I truly wish you the best. And please forgive me for being so grim, I'm only sharing what little insight I've been allowed in this life - not trying to start any arguments, guys
Old 02-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Originally Posted by umichchris
Had to file a claim...Geico swears I won't get penalized since its comprehensive loss/not at fault damage but only time will tell...
Record your phonecalls with Geico. Cover your bases - so you can fight if they go back and try and raise your premiums in say 2 years.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Purchased 2/2011Sapphire Black MetallicNatural Brown LeatherPremium, Sport & Cold Weather

They are correct...a comprehensive claim will not affect your premium or rates whatsoever. You had zero control over the situation unlike a collision claim...you weren't in the car, you weren't driving it...it was just sitting there. Go ahead and file the claim, I had a car that got keyed up and down 4 days after I got it and insured it...it was covered 100% w/o changing my policy.

Nonetheless, this is a shitty situation and you shouldn't be in it but unfortunately you are. The worst things always happen to the best of people and so sorry that you have to go through this. But, don't worry about the claim, it's 100% legit and that's what you have insurance for.

Good luck, at least it's all cosmetic and not structural, I know that doesn't help the way you feel, but it's better than having it stolen, beat on and driven into a ditch.
Had to file a claim...Geico swears I won't get penalized since its comprehensive loss/not at fault damage but only time will tell...
Old 02-03-2012, 05:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i (Sport, Prem, Nav, Logic7, Comf. Seats) Black on Black

I know in the US I would still file a civil suit thorough small claims... not sure how it works up North. If they caught the guys it should be an open shut case. No lawyer needed and if the guys do not pay you... their credit will be fucked for a long time and then when they get rejected to buy a house or new car 5 years from now they can think of that sweet M5 that they disgraced. If they are minors you have a better chance getting the money from their parents. I see at least $6,000 for pain and suffering from each kid.... you would actually want this to go to jury if possible because everyone can relate. I would take a left testicle from each and then 50 wacks from a bamboo stick. Too bad we are not in Singapore.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Glad to hear you did this. You should not be penalized.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Contributors

I'm happy too to hear you're filing a claim.

The only thing that you should pay for in this case is your deductible (assuming the perps do not pay). I'vetbeen involved in taking perps to small claims. We won the judgement, but never saw a dime. So all you should be on the hook for (again only if the perps don't pay) is your deductible.

Keep us posted.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i Sapphire Black/Black 6-speed Manual, Sport, AS, CWP, Navi, Premium Sound, Bluetooth, iPod Adapter.

Aaarrrrrrruuuugghhh! I'm sorry dawg! That hurts! Your insurance company needs to understand the situation. Given the police/legal action and documentation, that should be enough to keep your insurance company at bay.

You also bring up a great point...love your e60 and don't take her for granted!

I hope she recovers soon! Best of luck bro! I know you'll keep us posted.

Quick Reply: the BEAST has been BRUTALIZED! >:o