E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Battery problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Guys,

Recently my battery died.. I researched online and found that DL-49 (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...dentifier=4490) is good alternative for $110.. installed it , car is running fine. Now after couple weeks, I start hearing horn once in a while during startup of the car.. sometimes the horn is on for couple seconds until I turn off engine.

Is this a sign the new battery is wearing out? Debating if I should just replace it w/ OEM battery (61 21 6 901 815) for $250?
Old 07-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Members

Check battery voltage before you start the car and if can - during to make sure battery is not being discharged by faulty electronics in your car.. or go to autozone and they will verify it for you for free...

I am sure people will tell you that it is because you have not registered your battery..if replacement was done properly (with backup to prevent any unnecessary resets or glitches during battery switching)
I don't think it has anything to do with new battery type (OEM vs autozone) - if it was it would show up right away - not after 2 weeks.
but that is my personal opinion...
Old 07-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by porando
Check battery voltage before you start the car and if can - during to make sure battery is not being discharged by faulty electronics in your car.. or go to autozone and they will verify it for you for free...

I am sure people will tell you that it is because you have not registered your battery..if replacement was done properly (with backup to prevent any unnecessary resets or glitches during battery switching)
I don't think it has anything to do with new battery type (OEM vs autozone) - if it was it would show up right away - not after 2 weeks.
but that is my personal opinion...
Oh Autozone checks these for free? Last tme I went there, they didn't know a thing about what battery to use and all..
Old 07-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by coolguy
Guys,

Recently my battery died.. I researched online and found that DL-49 (http://www.autozone....Identifier=4490) is good alternative for $110.. installed it , car is running fine. Now after couple weeks, I start hearing horn once in a while during startup of the car.. sometimes the horn is on for couple seconds until I turn off engine.

Is this a sign the new battery is wearing out? Debating if I should just replace it w/ OEM battery (61 21 6 901 815) for $250?
Lots of posts about registration and if it / or does not work. You decide. As for battery choices check ( since you're in NJ ) PepBoys for their newspaper / flier coupon for $30 off a Bosch Battery. If I recall their regular price for a group 49 / 110 AH battery was about $100/exchange and it is a perfect match for the OEM BMW battery (physically and by capacity - just another option for you!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Senior Members

Also does this battery come w;/ proper connector to hook up that pipe? The DL-49 doesn't have enough left to attach that pipe.. also it is much smaller than OEM battery.

I wonder w/ the one from pepboys Bosch is good fit and does attac to the pipe
Old 07-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Members

I repleced my OEM with Bosch from Pepboys (they replaced it actually while I watched) and no problems whatsoever.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

battery,.,

Old 07-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

I repleced my OEM with Bosch from Pepboys (they replaced it actually while I watched) and no problems whatsoever.
Does it connect to the pipe fine? The OEM has the pipe outlet on the side of the battery, where as the Duralite - DL-49 has on top, so the pipe doesn't stretch all the way.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Lots of posts about registration and if it / or does not work. You decide. As for battery choices check ( since you're in NJ ) PepBoys for their newspaper / flier coupon for $30 off a Bosch Battery. If I recall their regular price for a group 49 / 110 AH battery was about $100/exchange and it is a perfect match for the OEM BMW battery (physically and by capacity - just another option for you!
I am trying to find this in the ad of pepboys.. don't see anything for BOSCH?

Old 07-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Senior Members

Is this what you have installed? It shows 690CCA, but OEM is 850CCA?

Quick Reply: Battery problem ?