E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baseline Dyno Results for 2007 550i?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to see if anyone can post up baseline Dyno results for a stock 2007 550i (sport pack which I dont think will make a difference). I have added an RPI GT Axle back exhaust, RPI Air Scoop, BMC Air Filter, AFE Throttle Body Spacer and Sprintbooster to mine. Getting it Dyno's next week but dont have a baseline to compare it with. Then the following week I am getting it tuned and will Dyno those results afterwards for comparison. Just need the starting point...understanding that each car may be slightly different but I assume stock are all basically the same?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jasp957
I am looking to see if anyone can post up baseline Dyno results for a stock 2007 550i (sport pack which I dont think will make a difference). I have added an RPI GT Axle back exhaust, RPI Air Scoop, BMC Air Filter, AFE Throttle Body Spacer and Sprintbooster to mine. Getting it Dyno's next week but dont have a baseline to compare it with. Then the following week I am getting it tuned and will Dyno those results afterwards for comparison. Just need the starting point...understanding that each car may be slightly different but I assume stock are all basically the same?
The only real way to do it is to do your own baseline. Be sure to keep all variables the same except for the mods you added. That means bringing the car up to temperature, strap tension, atmospheric properties, etc. Have fun.

You really shouldn't go by these dyno sheets below, especially if you're going to go around telling people how much horsepower you gained by your mods, but here you go anyways:

Here is the 550i with stock versus adding a Supersprint exhaust (the exhaust kit that offers the most gains for the 550i):
Baseline Dyno Results for 2007 550i?-550i_supersprint.jpg

Here is the 550i with stock versus adding an ESS supercharger:
Baseline Dyno Results for 2007 550i?-550_tvs2__26161_zoom.jpg
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Members

Thank You! I just wanted to get a feel for it. I understand that I can only really compare my specific car dyno results and even those will vary depending on conditions...at least I will have my cars dynos before and after the tune.

Honestly when I look at dyno sheets I dont really know which numbers I should be hanging a hat on? Since I usually float in the 3500-5000rpm range I guess that is the area I need to focus on?

Sick car you have by the way!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jasp957
Thank You! I just wanted to get a feel for it. I understand that I can only really compare my specific car dyno results and even those will vary depending on conditions...at least I will have my cars dynos before and after the tune.

Honestly when I look at dyno sheets I dont really know which numbers I should be hanging a hat on? Since I usually float in the 3500-5000rpm range I guess that is the area I need to focus on?

Sick car you have by the way!
Thanks man.

Yeah, okay, for some reason I thought you were only doing an after run and not a before *and* after run. My bad.

You have a good point regarding that numbers to hang a hat on. Perhaps that is just a matter of personal preference?..dunno.

Have fun and please post results. Great to see you taking an effort to measure the results of your modifications.

Cheers.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

I have not seen anyone use the ess supercharger yet. But one guy on here is getting ready to do so on his car and we are waiting for his results. Can you tell us where you got the results that you posted for the ess supercharger. Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by boots
I have not seen anyone use the ess supercharger yet. But one guy on here is getting ready to do so on his car and we are waiting for his results. Can you tell us where you got the results that you posted for the ess supercharger. Thanks
Hey boots. Those dyno results for the supercharger are from the ESS website. The supercharger is going in my 550i on Friday. I'll post dyno sheets after we get it on the dyno...hopefully by Saturday.