E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad day at the office

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 06:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

Yesterday at work I was showing off my car to a customer and noticed my front rim was bent prob. a pot hole I have maya madio ex2 20x9 on the front and then noticed overspray paint all over the car, remembered the other day when having my car washed they were painting the building, Black car with tan paint does'nt look good, well if that was'nt enough I saw two scratches approx. 4 inches long one was 3 scratches side by side I suspect the cat my wife puts it in the garage with the car. My car is now 28 days new and wheels are 13 days new. 3 years on my honda not even a scratch a lot less frustration.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by roost' date='Nov 30 2004, 09:57 AM
Yesterday at work I was showing off my car to a customer and noticed my front rim was bent prob. a pot hole I have maya madio ex2 20x9 on the front and then noticed overspray paint all over the car, remembered the other day when having my car washed they were painting the building, Black car with tan paint does'nt look good, well if that was'nt enough I saw two scratches approx. 4 inches long one was 3 scratches side by side I suspect the cat my wife puts it in the garage with the car. My car is now 28 days new and wheels are 13 days new. 3 years on my honda not even a scratch a lot less frustration.?
[snapback]62472[/snapback]
Roost, you're having worse luck than JDN. Who the heck was spray painting a car wash while cars were going through it! And as for the scratches, who goes, the cat or the wife?
Old 11-30-2004, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by roost' date='Nov 30 2004, 10:57 AM
Yesterday at work I was showing off my car to a customer and noticed my front rim was bent prob. a pot hole I have maya madio ex2 20x9 on the front and then noticed overspray paint all over the car, remembered the other day when having my car washed they were painting the building, Black car with tan paint does'nt look good, well if that was'nt enough I saw two scratches approx. 4 inches long one was 3 scratches side by side I suspect the cat my wife puts it in the garage with the car. My car is now 28 days new and wheels are 13 days new. 3 years on my honda not even a scratch a lot less frustration.?
It's certainly a bummer about your car -- hope you get it all fixed in short time.

I may be misunderstanding you but from your post, it sounds like you think these problems wouldn't have happened to your Honda. Was the paint only sticking to your car? Would the cat only scratch a BMW? Didn't you realize that 20" rims are going to be more prone to damage from road hazards? Again, if you're simply venting, I totally understand. If, for some reason, you're blaming the BMW for these issues, then I'll respectfully disagree...
Old 11-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Contributors

roost:
I smell gato tacos!!!!! Sorry to hear about your car, I feel your pain.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Originally Posted by roost' date='Nov 30 2004, 08:57 AM
Wow that's too bad :'(

I'm suprised it took a visual inspection to notice the bent rim and you didn't feel it while driving

ps-I think you and I may have chatted a couple months ago outside your business...I had my 4-year old in back and you came out to talk to me about the car...yours was still on order at the time. Was that you??
Old 11-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Members

My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

yes thats me and thanks for the lead on this fourm it's been helpful
Old 11-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Members

RUDY

I am just venting I love my car
Old 11-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Nov 30 2004, 10:16 AM
[quote name='roost' date='Nov 30 2004, 09:57 AM']Yesterday at work I was showing off my car to a customer and noticed my front rim was bent prob. a pot hole I have maya madio ex2 20x9 on the front and then noticed overspray paint all over the car, remembered the other day when having my car washed they were painting the building, Black car with tan paint does'nt look good, well if that was'nt enough I saw two scratches approx. 4 inches long one was 3 scratches side by side I suspect the cat my wife puts it in the garage with the car. My car is now 28 days new and wheels are 13 days new. 3 years on my honda not even a scratch a lot less frustration.?
Roost, you're having worse luck than JDN. Who the heck was spray painting a car wash while cars were going through it! And as for the scratches, who goes, the cat or the wife?
[snapback]62482[/snapback]
[/quote]

They were rolling the paint on and did'nt think it would splater
Old 11-30-2004, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

"Roost: They were rolling the paint on and did'nt think it would splatter"

I painted apartments to get through college and the people doing the painting either weren't too bright or very experienced (or both).

If it's water based paint it will come off fairly easily.

If it's oil based you may have a larger problem on your hands (or car, as the case may be).

Take it to a couple of pro detailers and get an opinion and an estimate.

Sorry to hear about your rims and scratches. The rims look awesome but it seems to me that the 19"s and 20"s may be too much trouble in the long run. I have 18"s and am always worried about bent rims.
When I was at Shelly BMW, I was told they have a wheel exchange company they work with. Maybe they do wheel repairs and can fix your rim.

For the scratches, if it is the cat, the scratches probably aren't too deep and can be polished out. For the cat, if the garage is the only place for it, then a car cover may be your next purchase.

Good luck.

btw, I still have my 8 year old Honda Accord. It always starts and has never broken down. The only repair it's had is to replace one window motor. Nothing else except regular maitenance.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Senior Members

roost, sorry to hear your story and hope everything will be fixed soon .

Quick Reply: Bad day at the office