E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Back on this Forum - new E60

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So guys,

a quick update on my car after 5000 km - 3000 km in 12 weeks and another 2000 in the last 2 days. Summary: i am very happy and glad that i have taken the decision to downsize from a 535d to a 520d.

Here a quick list of pros and cons:

Pros:

+ Consumption: wow. On thursday I managed 1000km (625 miles) with one tank of fuel. That is 250km more than i ever managed with my 535d. In the city (vienna stop n go), i manage something like 850k, that is about 275-300km more than my old car.

+ The automatic tranny is just amazing compared to the pre-lci one. on the 535d, the car would just rev high everytime i pressed on teh gas. In this car, you can accelerate without reving high (downshifting) and only if you press hard on the gas, does the car downshift. as soon as you take your foot off the gas, the car shifts gears, sometimes even 2 gears to lower revs.

+ Noise: compared to my 2 pre-lci e60s i had, this car does not seem loud at all. It could also be that it is brand new compared to my previous 535 which already was 2 years/40k km old.

+ Monthly expenses: I am saving about 180 EUR a month@1500km on insurance/roadtax/diesel compared to my old 535d. Since this is not a company car, it is a nice benefit for my bank account

+ Navi: mcuh faster than on the non-lci. am glad that there is no feedback on the idrive

+ colour white: in summer it is a dream. in the city, the car gets hardly dirty. after a drive on the highway, i have a graveyard of insects. but a quick drive to the gas station, for 50cents i can have the car washed with high pressure water spray. no need to dry, becuase the water marks can not be seen on white. Did not think white would be this easy to maintain.

+ Sportautomatic retrofit works.

+ Air Co with extended features is much easier to deal with than on the pre-lci cars. The shortcuts are cool, such as pressing the auto several times to choose from intensive to gentle blowing selections

Cons:

- Active steering - god, after 2 years with active steering, i do miss this option. I had a choice between either active steering or automatic.

- Logic 7: miss this only when I play loud r&B. other than that, hifi option 676 is good enough. in radio mode, it hardly makes a difference.

- Leather - not a good job done. I have folds on my front seats from the very first day. Just like in my previous cars. In the long run, my seat heating is going to go bust because of these folds.

- Vibrations while standing still. Comes from teh air filter. Next week, the car is going back to the dealer for the 3rd time. Wont take it back till they have it fixed.

- RFT - drove the new generation RFT for the first time when driving my car from teh dealer to home (where i immediately changed to non rft 19"). Man, how disappointing. Extremely hard, and the steering does what it wants to do..

- Doors are so difficult to close compared to the pre-lci models

Apart from that, the 520d does not obviously have the sound of a 6 cylinder but sounds more like a sewing machine. nothing good nothing bad. To the motor itself, i dont have much to say. Everyone here must decide for themselves how much power one needs. For my requirements, the 520d does the job.

Attached is a pic of my bord computer - never managed 1000km on any of my previous cars

Back on this Forum - new E60-img00031.jpg

rumman
Old 07-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i

Originally Posted by trojan.525i' post='579083' date='May 12 2008, 05:22 PM
nice....

post some more interior shots...
btw.. where can i get the silver interior trim?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by heavy_g' post='620370' date='Jul 10 2008, 05:07 PM
btw.. where can i get the silver interior trim?
This is the Pentan trim that you get part of the sport editiion. the structure you see on that trim can be actually physically felt on the trim...
Old 07-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='620369' date='Jul 10 2008, 11:03 AM
So guys,

a quick update on my car after 5000 km - 3000 km in 12 weeks and another 2000 in the last 2 days. Summary: i am very happy and glad that i have taken the decision to downsize from a 535d to a 520d.

Here a quick list of pros and cons:

Pros:

+ Consumption: wow. On thursday I managed 1000km (625 miles) with one tank of fuel. That is 250km more than i ever managed with my 535d. In the city (vienna stop n go), i manage something like 850k, that is about 275-300km more than my old car.

+ The automatic tranny is just amazing compared to the pre-lci one. on the 535d, the car would just rev high everytime i pressed on teh gas. In this car, you can accelerate without reving high (downshifting) and only if you press hard on the gas, does the car downshift. as soon as you take your foot off the gas, the car shifts gears, sometimes even 2 gears to lower revs.

+ Noise: compared to my 2 pre-lci e60s i had, this car does not seem loud at all. It could also be that it is brand new compared to my previous 535 which already was 2 years/40k km old.

+ Monthly expenses: I am saving about 180 EUR a month@1500km on insurance/roadtax/diesel compared to my old 535d. Since this is not a company car, it is a nice benefit for my bank account

+ Navi: mcuh faster than on the non-lci. am glad that there is no feedback on the idrive

+ colour white: in summer it is a dream. in the city, the car gets hardly dirty. after a drive on the highway, i have a graveyard of insects. but a quick drive to the gas station, for 50cents i can have the car washed with high pressure water spray. no need to dry, becuase the water marks can not be seen on white. Did not think white would be this easy to maintain.

+ Sportautomatic retrofit works.

+ Air Co with extended features is much easier to deal with than on the pre-lci cars. The shortcuts are cool, such as pressing the auto several times to choose from intensive to gentle blowing selections

Cons:

- Active steering - god, after 2 years with active steering, i do miss this option. I had a choice between either active steering or automatic.

- Logic 7: miss this only when I play loud r&B. other than that, hifi option 676 is good enough. in radio mode, it hardly makes a difference.

- Leather - not a good job done. I have folds on my front seats from the very first day. Just like in my previous cars. In the long run, my seat heating is going to go bust because of these folds.

- Vibrations while standing still. Comes from teh air filter. Next week, the car is going back to the dealer for the 3rd time. Wont take it back till they have it fixed.

- RFT - drove the new generation RFT for the first time when driving my car from teh dealer to home (where i immediately changed to non rft 19"). Man, how disappointing. Extremely hard, and the steering does what it wants to do..

- Doors are so difficult to close compared to the pre-lci models

Apart from that, the 520d does not obviously have the sound of a 6 cylinder but sounds more like a sewing machine. nothing good nothing bad. To the motor itself, i dont have much to say. Everyone here must decide for themselves how much power one needs. For my requirements, the 520d does the job.

Attached is a pic of my bord computer - never managed 1000km on any of my previous cars

Attachment 54340

rumman
Rumman bhai,

khubi bhalo review. ami diesel kintam jodi USA-te offer korto.
shaada gari maintain koro shojja.

I have yet to drive my e60 since i got it almost two weeks ago. Maybe by next week i will have tags etc.
Prologic 7 test korte hobe with Jannat's new CD. :-)

RJ
Old 07-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Clean and tasteful!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

a stunning story..........i love it

so did you change all the mirriors and rims on the 520d asap

and the EUR 3000 FOR LCI Lights (that is fukin extortion mate....shocked..! Lci lights here are like maybe ?450 a set, top whack maybe ?500.00)

are you in belgium?

anyhow love the E60, and the leather is stunning!!