E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Back in an e60. And loving it!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it took a while, but I'm finally back in the mix. Was forced to sell my '06 550i last winter due to job loss, but things have vastly improved and my other half gave the green-light to pick up a second car for our family. I searched high and low, and eventually settled upon an '08 535i M-sport (German delivery option, so m-tech aero was factory installed) in Texas and had the car shipped to me (bought from a bimmerfest-member and e39 enthusiast).

The car is monaco blue on black full leather, 6MT, with sport/premium/NAV/convenience/privacy, and it's pretty much showroom condition. 55k miles.

I've already started getting my "mod on," by picking up the 20" Vellano forged VSVs (that were offered in the classified section here...) for summer and a set of non-staggered 19" matte-grey Breyton GTS-Rs w/ new Blizzak LM-60 (225/40/19) for winter. Also picked up an OEM CF rear diffuser and matte black grills (which I'm looking to trade for CF if anyone is interested.

Eventually, Cobb tune and short-shift kit will be installed. Other than that, I'm happy as a pig in poo. Pics below are of 1) the car this weekend w/ Breytons installed, 2) how it looked before leaving Texas, 3) how it looked one week ago; and 4) a final goodbye pic of my dearly departed 550.

Very excited and look forward to being a member of the community again!

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails Back in an e60. And loving it!-bmwjro3.jpg   Back in an e60. And loving it!-bmw-jro.jpg   Back in an e60. And loving it!-bmwjro2.jpg   Back in an e60. And loving it!-550i-jro.jpg  
Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Congrats and welcome home!!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back
Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
Congrats and welcome home!!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Cwest
Back
Thank you!

Also, clearly will be getting in touch w/ John at Motorcepts soon. Need to deal w/ these AEs and fogs, pronto!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Members
Senior Members

Nice, welcome back. Those 20" Vellano forged VSVs you picked had me on my keyboard at work. Great buy!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren-Werke
Nice, welcome back. Those 20" Vellano forged VSVs you picked had me on my keyboard at work. Great buy!
Yeah, pretty psyched to mount (that's what she said) next year. I have a feeling I won't like the ride on 20's, but given what I paid, I couldn't afford to pass them up. Thanks!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Members

cool welcome back! try not to physically threaten anyone - oh also that rim warranty that you said ran with the car definitely did NOT carry with the car.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by igngnot
cool welcome back! try not to physically threaten anyone - oh also that rim warranty that you said ran with the car definitely did NOT carry with the car.
Oh Andy Blanchard of Elmira, NY, didn't see you lurking/trolling down there. Considering what you pulled during that sale/transaction, you're really lucky any supposed physical threats weren't carried out. The next time you try to pull that kind of stuff, you had better hope that you find yourself sitting across the table from someone as reasonable as I was.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Members

hey your name is - jamie ogrady from westchester, ny!

im going to just go ahead and drop this - yep, mostly because of the threatening email you just sent me!

have a nice life, hope you crash your new car
Old 11-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by igngnot
have a nice life, hope you crash your new car
Aaaaaaaaand we're done here.

Quick Reply: Back in an e60. And loving it!