E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aux install

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

After reviewing all the posts, I finally decided to install the mp3 aux input. What a f'in nightmare, had local bmw dealership install last sat april 19, I was on vacation for a week. I went to pick my car up on april 28, tried to use my mp3 while the sa was standing there, and the nav reset itself four times and shut off, they explained that they did not have any mp3 systems to check it out. Can you believe that.?
Anyway, I have heard some of the other stories here, ie: make sure wiring harness is not backwards, reinstalled program 3 times. it was eplained to me that my system now needs a special cd, that should fix it. this is coming from BMW. They said it might be Friday, before I get my car. What a horror. I am thinking of asking for a discount on the install of the upgrade, they charged $225 plus parts. or a discount on floor mats. Any suggestions?

Thanks for listening

Angelodimorte
Old 04-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by angelodimorte' post='572034' date='Apr 30 2008, 09:09 PM
Hello

After reviewing all the posts, I finally decided to install the mp3 aux input. What a f'in nightmare, had local bmw dealership install last sat april 19, I was on vacation for a week. I went to pick my car up on april 28, tried to use my mp3 while the sa was standing there, and the nav reset itself four times and shut off, they explained that they did not have any mp3 systems to check it out. Can you believe that.?
Anyway, I have heard some of the other stories here, ie: make sure wiring harness is not backwards, reinstalled program 3 times. it was eplained to me that my system now needs a special cd, that should fix it. this is coming from BMW. They said it might be Friday, before I get my car. What a horror. I am thinking of asking for a discount on the install of the upgrade, they charged $225 plus parts. or a discount on floor mats. Any suggestions?

Thanks for listening

Angelodimorte

might want to post your location..members local to you may be able to defer you to another more knowledgable dealer or vendor...

also helps to know specs of your car..year, make, model...build date...software version...
Old 05-01-2008, 05:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='572038' date='Apr 30 2008, 09:12 PM
might want to post your location..members local to you may be able to defer you to another more knowledgable dealer or vendor...

also helps to know specs of your car..year, make, model...build date...software version...
I have a 2006 530I build date 3/05, do not know software version. I live in Sacramento, CA, have taken it to Neillo.

You mentioned software version, how do I find this info out in the future?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by angelodimorte' post='572224' date='May 1 2008, 06:15 AM
I have a 2006 530I build date 3/05, do not know software version. I live in Sacramento, CA, have taken it to Neillo.

You mentioned software version, how do I find this info out in the future?

Thanks
Well everybody, here it is Friday, and I recieved the dreaded phone call. My car is dead, after taking it to another dealership, they have determined that the ccc is fried. Can you believe it. Car was running perfect before this. I hope nobody ever has the problem of installing the aux input. This is a freaking nighmare. BMW is sending a tech engineer to administor first aid to my car. They should be there on Tues, hopefully, they have ordered it before than, and just maybe I will get it back by next Friday. That would have been 3 weeks. Oh by the way, they have let me drive, get this Honda Civic. They just today offered me a BMW to use, but I said "no". I'll just ride my harley, at least that is working.

thanks for listening

angelodimorte
Old 05-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

dam..sorry to hear..hope everything works out..keep us posted..
Old 05-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by angelodimorte' post='572034' date='May 1 2008, 12:09 AM
Hello

Thanks for listening

Angelodimorte

that sucks bro, so i guess from this experience you wouldnt recommend getting the aux imput ? i been wanting to do something about not having an ipod aux to add to my car. for some reason the 2005 525i ccant seem to have anything work on that matter
Old 05-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading all the B.S. people have gone through with Aux. input add on I've come to the conclusion the FM transmitter is much easier though not as handy or as good sound quality but to avoid the issues it seems well worth it.

Hope everything gets worked out in the end. They give you a free rental??
Old 05-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by skylolow' post='574699' date='May 5 2008, 03:02 PM
After reading all the B.S. people have gone through with Aux. input add on I've come to the conclusion the FM transmitter is much easier though not as handy or as good sound quality but to avoid the issues it seems well worth it.

Hope everything gets worked out in the end. They give you a free rental??
Yes they gave me a free rental. A 2008 Honda Accord, man, they offered me on Sat a 5 series, I refused, I want them to keep paying the 50 dollar a day charge. lol By the time this is over, it will have cost them about $700 for the car, whew!!. I have not heard from them today, I told them ,no more phone calls till I can pick up the car. I do not need to hear the excuses.

I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for listening

Angelodimorte
Old 05-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by angelodimorte' post='574744' date='May 5 2008, 04:34 PM
Yes they gave me a free rental. A 2008 Honda Accord, man, they offered me on Sat a 5 series, I refused, I want them to keep paying the 50 dollar a day charge. lol By the time this is over, it will have cost them about $700 for the car, whew!!. I have not heard from them today, I told them ,no more phone calls till I can pick up the car. I do not need to hear the excuses.

I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for listening

Angelodimorte
Alright everybody, they called right after I posted the above response, and they said the car was done, and everything works. They said I can pick it up. Well, being nervous about trying out the aux, it worked perfectly. I spoke to the engineer and he said this was a fluke, this should not have happened, I asked him about the build date mar 05, he said that did not matter. I just got the bad install. Here is my suggestion, if you want it, get it under warranty, if you want it, and they install it, it goes boom, do not let them bs you into stating it was just your ccc going out. That just does not happen.

thanks for listening

Angelodimorte