E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

AUX INPUT CABLE $29.99!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was able to track down the distibutor of the BMW AUX cable and order the jack and make my own cables to save members money. I also did a DIY video as well. Please do not make fun of my video lol it was my first one ever and I am going to redo it with someone else holding the camera. There is two parts to the video and the 2nd part is turned 90 degrees and I need to fix that ASAP. The listing for the cable and links to the video is http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E60-AUX-...item2a1ac208d6 I will make a better video today or tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

That was a pretty impressive install! I like the location of the input better than in the glove box where mine is. Are there certain years that this works better on? Would it have worked on an '04 545 with the fiber optic audio?

Good job and good luck!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jaycal3
That was a pretty impressive install! I like the location of the input better than in the glove box where mine is. Are there certain years that this works better on? Would it have worked on an '04 545 with the fiber optic audio?

Good job and good luck!
Yes. This will work on all E60s.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Members

What should coding/programming cost? What do we need to ask them to do? Code my aux connection?
Old 03-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Members

interested very interested
Old 03-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by brendinernst
So I was able to track down the distibutor of the BMW AUX cable and order the jack and make my own cables to save members money. I also did a DIY video as well. Please do not make fun of my video lol it was my first one ever and I am going to redo it with someone else holding the camera. There is two parts to the video and the 2nd part is turned 90 degrees and I need to fix that ASAP. The listing for the cable and links to the video is http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E60-AUX-...item2a1ac208d6 I will make a better video today or tomorrow.
So you purchased an AUX cable that we made and got the DIY from us and asked to return it because it didn't work for you but you've created your own shortly after this and decided to market it? This is not right, not at all. Email or call us to discuss before further action. Thanks.

Sammy
Old 03-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Members

whats up man? i sent my payment but it says "payment pending" i buy stuff all the time on ebay and this never happened to me.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6 speed manual. Gray with tan interior. High performance floor mats.

LMAO!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Members

Alrighty, A week ago I purchased an AUX cable from EUAutohaus and I was so excited to get such a great deal on this cable that I had long been waiting to purchase. That was until I recieved the cable however. When I recieved the cable I was instantly disapointed because A.) It has a male connector which means I would have to have a cable hanging out of my dash (tacky) B.) The quality was a joke C.) The wires dont even fit properly into the harness because of the shotty solder/shrink wrap job. No I would like to address every part of Mr. EUAutohaus's reply.

"got the DIY from us"
- This "DIY" was a copy and paste job from the TIS instructions which everybody in the world has access to. The DIY also just tells you where to put the wires.... big deal. Pins 2, 7, and 8. Now everybody knows EUAutohaus.

"This is not right, not at all."
- This is the United States of America and if you think for one second that taking a product, making it better, and selling it for less is "not right" then someone should introduce you to... I dont know the world and some beginners business classes? Cadillac made the first V8 in 1914. Do you think that they sent a "thats not right" letter to BMW when they produced one that produces 400 horsepower? Maybe. Do you think anybody gave a scheisse? No. You know what they did? Cadillac CTS-V and brought their product up to par. This is what we call a "competitive market" EUAutohaus. It keeps things interesting and leads to things like the E60 M5.

"Email or call us to discuss before further action"
- Unless you have a patent for the 3.5mm jack this wont be happening.

I have posted a picture of this guys cable next to mine below (mine is on the left his is on the right). Let the members be the judge. Also notice the exposed wiring on the ground. The ground goes into pin #8 which is next to pin #9 which is connected to your $300 to $1000 amplifier. Not something Im comfortable with. How about you? Have a great day and dont do anything "not right" so that the human race can stop advancing. If this guy had his way we would all be driving Fords.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Members

AUX INPUT CABLE $29.99!-img_0149.jpg

Quick Reply: AUX INPUT CABLE $29.99!